FIFO Heavy Diesel Mechanic
Advertiser: Bruce Rock Engineering3 out of 53.0 overall rating (6 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Jun 2020
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- $50 - $54.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Road Transport
Bruce Rock Engineering is a quality designer and builder of road transport equipment in Western Australia. This well-established company has continued to grow and expand its business, supplying top class products to its customers throughout Australia.
An opportunity exists for a successful candidate to join the team at our Port Hedland Facilities.
There is currently Heavy Diesel Mechanical Fitter position available, which involves repair and maintenance of road transport and general industry products supplied to our client in the mining industry.
The roster offered is 19 days on, 9 days off. We provide flights, accommodation and meals.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Servicing and maintenance of trucks and trailers as per our client requirements.
- Trade qualifications as a Mechanic with 5+ years' experience.
- Demonstrated experience of braking systems including ABS/EBS systems.
- Experience and knowledge with truck / trailer electrical, air and hydraulic systems.
- Experience and knowledge with truck / trailer tyre fitting, repairs and wheel balancing/alignment.
- Sound knowledge of hydraulics and PTO systems used in tippers and side tippers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to work effectively individually and as a team player
- Must be an enthusiastic, positive and patient person who takes pride in their work and team results
- An eye for detail and ability to work with precision and efficiency
In addition to the above, you will be required to:
- To hold a Western Australian driver's license
- MC licence
- Current Forklift ticket
- Have own tools
The successful candidate will receive an attractive salary arrangement, and other employee benefits may be considered for the right person.
You will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol test and provide a valid National Police clearance (not issued longer than 6 months ago)
Applicants will have to provide proof of their working rights to work and live in Australia
If you have a positive attitude, meet our job requirements and have the right skills and knowledge base, then we would like you to apply through SEEK.
Please submit your Resume via Seek to be considered for the role.
For further information regarding our company and quality products visit us at: www.brucerockengineering.com.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a heavy vehicle driver's licence?
- Which of the following forklift licences do you have?
- Do you have your own tools relevant to this role?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?