Corporate Tax Accountant
Advertiser: Saputo Dairy AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 May 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Taxation
About the business
Everything begins with passion, a legacy from the Saputo family, which offered tasty and quality cheeses to its community. Today, after more than 65 years, the company employs thousands of dedicated employees, proud of their role, who work day after day to deliver quality products to customers and consumers. To learn more visit us at http://www.saputo.com/en/careers
About the role
We are seeking a qualified and experienced Corporate Tax Accountant to join the Finance team at our corporate offices in Southbank Melbourne. The salary for this role will be $65K - 75K inclusive of superannuation,
Reporting to the Senior Manager Tax, the Tax Accountant will support the Tax compliance activities of Saputo Dairy Australia and in the development, implementation and maintenance of robust taxation procedures, processes and controls throughout the group. This role will play a key role in the overall timely and accurate completion of all taxation compliance activities throughout the calendar of lodgements.
- Accountable for accessing financial data in SAP, collating & arranging that data in excel and assisting in the preparation and lodgement of annual income tax returns for the Group; Monthly / quarterly BAS returns and Income Activity statements and Annual Research and Development claims and Fringe Benefits Tax return.
- Tax effect accounting for statutory reporting purposes and ensuring forecast tax estimates are completed accurately.
- Management of monthly tax reconciliations, tax effect accounting for forecasts/budgets, preparation of monthly tax related journals and maintaining the tax fixed assets register.
- Identifying, supporting and implementing systems and process improvements, taking the lead where needed to build and implement new process/reporting requirements.
- Tertiary qualifications in business, finance or equivalent. A major in Taxation will be desirable.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in the same or similar role.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in the Dairy industry desirable.
- SAP BPC experience would be advantageous.
- Competitive salary
- Assistance program for employees and their families
- Melbourne CBD Location
Applications close Tuesday 2nd June 2020
Saputo Dairy Australia is an equal opportunity employer
As we receive a high level of interest in our opportunities, only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of taxation experience do you have?
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?
- What's your expected annual base salary?