WHS Support Officer
Advertiser: Rugby FarmMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 May 2020
- Somerset & Lockyer
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Occupational Health & Safety
The Rugby Farming Group is a large Australian farming operation, growing, packing and transporting fresh vegetables to both domestic and export markets.
Supporting a workforce in excess of 800 employees, across multiple sites, the Rugby Farming Group is focused on delivering quality produce to their customers and providing positive job experiences for their people.
Working under the guidance of the WHS Manager, the WHS Support Officer will demonstrate a commitment to driving a safety culture and supporting the ongoing development, implementation and continual improvement of the Health and Safety Management system.
This role will suit an early entry graduate looking to develop their knowledge in WHS and return to work processes. Candidates will enjoy a good balance of office based and field based work.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- End to end injury management including Workcover claims management and return to work activities.
- In conjunction with the WHS Manager, engage with all stakeholders to ensure compliance with WHS policies, procedures and safety requirements
- Assisting the WHS Manager in conducting risk assessments, incident investigations and regular safety audits.
- Supporting the WHS Manager to co-ordinate regular emergency response training and evacuation procedures.
- Administrative tasks and preparation of monthly reports as required by management.
Skills and Experience
- Qualifications in Workplace Health and Safety (Cert IV or above)
- A recognised Rehabilitation & Return to Work Coordinator (RRTWC) qualification
- A minimum 1 year experience working in a similar position
- Developing knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety and Workers Compensation legislation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A background in Agriculture/Horticulture would be desirable
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Current 'C' class driver's licence.
If you are keen to join a market leading company and are looking to progress your career in WHS, submit your application via the 'Apply Now' link.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Which of the following Work Health & Safety qualifications have you obtained?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of OH&S/WHS?