Senior Marketing Coordinator
Advertiser: Luerssen Australia Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 May 2020
- Perth, Fremantle & Southern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Communications
Lürssen is a global leader in designing and building ships of the highest quality for demanding customers all over the world. For more than 140 years we have earned the experience and expertise required to create vessels that meet virtually any set of individual wishes and different demands. The legendary quality of Lürssen stands for satisfied customers and ships that can be completely relied on in any situation.
Luerssen Australia is a subsidiary of Lürssen, a 4th generation family-owned German company that builds Naval defence vessels and luxury yachts from its nine shipyards across Northern Germany.
Luerssen Australia recently was engaged by the Australian Department of Defence as the prime contractor to build 12 Offshore Patrol Vessels for the Royal Australian Navy over a 10 year + project life.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo the Australian Defence Force Security Clearance process, of which a minimum requirement is Australian Citizenship.
The Senior Marketing Coordinator is responsible for managing all marketing, public relations and media activities for the company.
Development of marketing communications, engagement strategies and activities relevant to industry, stakeholders and the wider community.
This role is a stand-alone position in Australia, reporting to the CEO and managing the Australian marketing function, with regular liaison with our German parent company marketing department.
- Managing the Marketing function of Luerssen Australia.
- Planning and execution of Company events
- Responsible for building the Company brand
- Development and execution of community and industry engagement strategies and activities
- Use of digital/social media platforms for communicating company success stories and general updates on activities
- Preparation of media releases
- Regular assessment of the Company’s ‘presence’
- Work with external consultants including advertising agencies, public relations firms and other entities
- Develop, strengthen and maintain effective relationships with key personnel in media outlets – television, radio, print etc
- Develop and execute targeted marketing plans
- Prepare and orchestrate interviews
- Draft speeches for our CEO
- Scan and search for company relevant news, articles, press releases and distribute internally
- Degree in Marketing/PR/Communications
- At least 5 years of marketing coordination experience
- Experience in the Defence or shipbuilding sector - highly desirable
- Proven ability to develop and implement a media/marketing strategy
- Ability to implement tactical marketing campaigns
- Social media experience across multiple digital platforms
- Ability to compile, analyse and report on marketing data
- Media monitoring and reporting experience
- Preparation of tailored/relevant content to suit target audience
- Experience in managing internal and external events
- Well established relationships with key media outlets and their representatives
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
To be considered for this role, please click 'Apply for this job' link and upload your resume and cover letter explaining why you'd be a great fit for this opportunity. You will be contacted directly if we wish to progress you to shortlisting.
No Recruitment Agency applications will be accepted.
For further company information please visit: www.luerssen.com.au and www.luerssen.de/en/
Luerssen Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- How many years' experience do you have as a marketing coordinator?
- Are you an Australian Citizen?
- What is your salary expectation?
- Do you have a degree in Marketing or Public Relations?