Operations & Asset ManagerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 6 May 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Power Generation & Distribution
CWP Renewables exists to improve the environment for current and future generations by leading the transition to renewable energy. Our vision is to be the best developer, builder, owner and operator of large-scale renewable energy assets in Australia. CWP Renewables welcomes and supports a diverse group of innovative thinkers from all backgrounds and intends to become the company of choice for employees in Australia.
Manage all Operation and Maintenance dimensions of operating Wind & Solar assets, in line with CWP Asset Management (CWPAM) strategic direction and in view of maintaining the highest value of the assets thanks to the maximization of their generated revenue and maintaining their operation capability over time. Consequently, the Asset manager needs to oversee globally all the aspects relevant to the asset’s performance, both from their technical and financial perspective.
This will involve managing the energy and certificates sales through/to the relevant entities (AEMO, CER, Off takers, etc).
This technical management is performed through contractual ties with third parties: maintenance contractor, technical expertise. It is also supported in-house through CWPAM’s Technical Support division area (engineering), as part of the Operations Department.
The role will also include following registration aspects, O&M preparation, early-generation monitoring as well as managing the energy and certificates sales during the Construction phase.
The Operations & Assets Manager will provide assistance to the Development team for setting-up O&M solutions, discussing with potential Contractors/other parties or negotiating O&M agreements before Financial close of future projects.
In your duties, the Operations & Asset Manager will initially supervise two (2) assets out of the company’s portfolio and must be capable of managing up to 5 different asset locations. This is a critical position for the company that is currently in the process of adding generation assets to the portfolio.
This is a full-time Senior Professional / Team Leader position. Based in Canberra, you will report to the Head of Operations and frequent travel to assets locations will be required.
The following job description intends to provide an overview of activities included in the Operations & Assets Management scope. Obviously, for both Operation and Maintenance, the three key aspects will be Planning, Execution and Control.
Depending upon the contractual arrangements, the role of the Operations & Assets Manager will be to supervise activities delegated to external parties as applicable or to manage the Contractors in charge of such activities (Executed Agreements) and in some instances to directly carry out certain activities.
Key Stakeholders relationships
- Off takers
- O&M Contractor
- Third Parties
- Lenders or their agents
- Regulatory Authorities
- Local Cultural Heritage entities when applicable
- Other local authorities
Core responsibilities summary
- Ensure Workplace Health & Safety and Environmental objectives are achieved
- Ensure operations and maintenance performance targets are achieved
- Ensure maintenance outcomes are achieved while fostering a planned maintenance culture
- Supervise staff, O&M contractors and external consultants involved in preparation and execution of the Operation and Maintenance activities
- Manage the energy and certificates sales through/to AEMO, CER, Off takers, etc.
- Prepare the budget forecasts for the O&M and update them on a monthly basis based upon actuals provided by CWPAM’s finance department
- Manage, directly or through other CWPAM departments, relationship with above-mentioned key stakeholders during O&M
- Prepare O&M reporting for internal and external stakeholders in accordance with relevant agreements
Skills and Experience required
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in the Engineering field
- Additional Business/Project management qualification a plus
- Proven skills and experience in the supervision and co-ordination of operation and maintenance activities associated with renewable energy generation or similar operation
- Working knowledge and understanding of renewable energy plants and equipment such as wind and solar plants and associated electrical equipment, auxiliary plant and high voltage infrastructure
- High level troubleshooting and problem-solving skills and the ability to be technically innovative
- Contract management experience
- Demonstrated up-to-date working knowledge of Workplace Health, Safety & Environment requirements
- Excellent communication and liaison skills with the proven ability to effectively interact with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Effective leadership and supervision skills
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- Well-developed computer skills and proficiency in MS Office and Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
Salary is commensurate with skill, qualifications and experience level.
Applications accepted via SEEK only.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?