Advertiser: Gallagher Bassett3.0698 out of 53.1 overall rating (86 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jun 2020
- Base + Super
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Insurance & Superannuation, Workers' Compensation
Gallagher Bassett is Australia’s largest Third Party Administrator (TPA). Our focus is refreshingly simple: We manage insurance claims on behalf of insurers, brokers, government bodies and self-insured organisations to ensure we get Injured Workers back to work and their life.
We are proud to be named on the Ethisphere Institute’s 2019 World’s Most Ethical Companies list for the eighth consecutive year.
We currently have a full-time permanent Team Leader position available in our Darwin Office. In this role you will provide day to day leadership and management of our Claims Assistants and Claims Officers which perform the administrative and payment tasks, low risk claims and provide support to the Return to Work and Return to Independence Specialists.
As part of this role you will be responsible for developing a team of approximately 7 staff, providing motivation, direction, instructions and guidance of the team to achieve business and unit goals. You will ensure the delivery of a customer focused, cost effective and professional claims service. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager further responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership and direction to the team to ensure delivery of KPI’s
- Observe and monitor claims processes, team performance trends and identify improvement opportunities or take remedial action to resolve issues identified.
- Provide effective coaching and feedback to staff on technical and performance related issues.
- Ensuring the delivery of an empathetic and caring customer experience
- Promoting a positive work environment
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation/regulations and policies.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with key stakeholders and staff to ensure the delivery of business objectives
- Knowledge of relevant legislation/regulations
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Experience in coaching and mentoring staff; and
- Proven ability to make sound decisions
Candidates will also be assessed in alignment with Gallagher Basset’s organisational values. We pride ourselves on a culture that embodies accountability, leadership, trust, and excellence in service delivery.
If you think you can make a positive difference to our business we want to hear from you today! Click on Apply for this Job.
Only people with the right to work in this country will be considered for this position.
Agency candidates will not be considered for this role.