Sports Competition Manager
Advertiser: SportUPMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 May 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $60,000 package plus Macbook & iPhone
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Management
Want to help run Brisbane’s largest social sports club?
- Imagine a world where you get to help make a difference to other people’s lives, play social sport yourself AND get paid for it.
- With loneliness and obesity epidemics rising, we feel it’s more important than ever to help people find a sense of community, friendship and fun through social sport.
- Our mission at SportUP is to help busy working people play sport for fun.
- The Competition Manager will be helping to bring our endorphin releasing social sport back to people’s work weeks.
- Sam Bass founded SportUP 6 years ago after he moved to Brisbane as a keen football player but couldn’t find any teams to join.
- What started with one friendly game, has grown into Brisbane’s largest social sports club helping 5,738 people play Netball, Basketball, Football (Soccer), Volleyball or Touch Footy in Brisbane.
- SportUP is a bit different as you can enter a team or you can join as an individual and meet new mates.
- We put the social back into social sport with our end of season social events including Bubble Soccer, Trivia Nights, Oktoberfest and Camping trips etc
- Our aim is to help our players return to work tomorrow less stressed, with a smile on their face and something to look forward to next week.
- You are extremely organised! People see your desk and always comment “wow, you’re really tidy.”
- You have a positive attitude and love finding solutions for people.
- You get a kick out of ensuring things run so smoothly that people say ‘wow’.
- You thrive on taking ownership of projects and take pride in seeing them run like clockwork.
- You love talking to people! You have been described as approachable, outgoing and fun.
- You love sport! You have a natural excitement to live and breathe sport with a big smile on your face.
- You have knowledge of at least one of these sports: Netball, Basketball, Football (Soccer), Volleyball or Touch Football.
We would love to offer you the opportunity to:
- Build the diverse skill set required to manage a sports company.
- Help solve the interesting logistical challenge of getting people playing.
- Think venues, referees, teams, players, equipment etc.
- Help make a difference to peoples work weeks.
- Work in a small fast growing company.
- Focus on a different part of the business every day.
In this Role you will be:
- Responsible for making sure we are offering the highest quality social sport competitions in Brisbane.
- Helping new teams to start playing by answering team and individual enquiries.
- Managing and providing tasks for our amazing Player Support administrator and helping them solve any issues.
- Managing our awesome team of Referees and Venue Organisers at games.
- Recruitment of energetic, diverse and passionate employees to help deliver the SportUP vision.
- Organise and manage the equipment needed to get sent out to each venue each season.
- Ensure all the season information is up to date – if you like being organised this is ideal!
- Marketing to let players know about new seasons including email newsletters and social media posts.
- $60,000 Renumeration Package + MacBook + iPhone 8
- Monday – Thursday Hours: 11.00am – 7.00pm
- Friday Hours: 9.00-5.00pm
- Location: Work from home or remotely from co-working space in Fortitude Valley
- (Please note you must be Brisbane based as this does require visits to comps at different venues around Brisbane at 6pm)
Plus these 6 little perks:
- Opportunity to play any of our sports for free.
- No stuffy suits required, wear comfy sports clothes all day.
- SportUP Manager swag with shirts and hoodies.
- Skip the commute and work from home or from coworking space near you.
- Bring your own dog to the coworking space.
- Apple Macbook laptop and iPhone 8 included.
- Your own transport and drivers licence
- Legally entitled to work in Australia
- Must love dogs :)
If having read this, you are feeling excited, awesome!
Complete the challenge on our site to progress to the second round.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION HERE:
Applications close on 1st June, 2020.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?