Advertiser: Charter Finance InstituteMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 May 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- $60,000 - $74,999 plus bonuses
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Banking & Financial Services, Mortgages
Charter Finance is a boutique, full service mortgage lending and advisory service business located in Double Bay. We have a strong client base both in Sydney and Melbourne with our clients being a mix of self-employed, medical and professionals.
Our team currently consists of 1 broker, 1 head of credit and 1 post settlement/marketer with a support team in Manila.
We choose team members who live and breathe our company core values of:
- Impactful - loving the difference we make in the lives of our team and our clients
- Growth Mindset - Always in Pursuit of Growth & Learning
- Pride - Setting the bar high, really high & deliver work we’re proud of
- Integrity - Always doing the right thing, by ourselves, our team, our clients and our community
A fantastic opportunity is now available for a Mortgage & Finance Manager to represent Charter Finance.
You will work to proactively meet clients’ needs whilst providing quality services to existing and potential clients by meeting their mortgage & financial requirements. As part of this role, you will also work closely with our existing team, and possess a strong motivation to grow yourself within the business.
You will also actively demonstrate commitment, loyalty and an ability to work as an enthusiastic team member in accordance with our systems and procedures, keeping in mind the overall business objectives.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of loan writing experience with a major financial institution or broking business
- Diploma in Finance & Mortgage Broking (preferable)
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of borrowing and lender products & policies
- Strong communication skills
- Strong relationship building and fostering ability to continually strive for superior client service
- Ability to work autonomously, with a proactive, punctual and reliable mindset
- Well-presented and spoken with a positive and outgoing nature
What you'll do
This role is best suited to a person who performs well in both client facing and back office aspects of a broker role and your ability to work closely with our loan processing and marketing team will be important.
Some of your duties will include:
- Work with stakeholders to ensure company and client outcomes are achieved
- Assist clients with assessing, recommending and establishing loan options and structures to help build their property portfolio
- Research and review finance and insurance products for suitability to meet clients' requirements
- Analyse clients' financial status, discuss financial options and develop financial strategies
- Arrange insurance, mortgages and other finance through banks, lenders, financiers and insurance companies
- Additional duties to be discussed at interview stage
Training - upskilling at Charter Finance is considered critical. Our loan aggregator has market leading training programmes as well as internal training and courses to be encouraged to ensure you have the knowledge and skills to perform your best.
You will be working with company provided clients and will also have the ability to build and nurture your own networks to generate additional income streams.
How to apply
If you have the skills, experience and all-round passion to be a successful member of our team, we would love to hear from you!
Please click the "APPLY" button and attach your CV and detailed cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are the ideal candidate.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a finance manager?
- Have you completed a qualification in finance?