Kitchen hand / all rounder assistant - Paddington
Advertiser: Rosalie Gourmet MarketMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 May 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $20 - $29.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Hospitality & Tourism, Kitchen & Sandwich Hands
Rosalie Gourmet Market, one of Brisbane's best delicatessens based in Paddington, is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic individual to join our team of 25+ people.
The position is casual and would offer at least 2-3 shifts a week with casual part-time hours, with the potential for more days and hours.
Responsibilities would include:
- preparation of food for the chefs
- assistance in the preparation of sandwiches (experience with sandwich making highly desirable)
- packing, labelling & dating food (including using the vacuum packaging equipment)
- checking fridge temperatures
- checking dates on meals in our deli fridges are within best before dates
- cleaning throughout the shift and at the end of the day (including washing up, mopping & general cleaning)
- general assistance as required by the team and if the successful applicant has a manual drivers licence, would include the occasional delivery
- maintaining a hygenic and safe working environment including cleanliness of work areas and the kitchen equipment
Rosalie Gourmet Market prides itself on providing the freshest and best produce to our discerning customers, and delivering excellent customer service.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 2 years kitchenhand experience
- Attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork skills
- A can-do attitude
- Be available to work 2-3 weekday shifts (approx 5 hours per shift) within the hours of 9.30am - 2.30am
- Have full Australian working rights (not on a restricted visa of any type)
Experience making sandwiches and salads is a bonus.
Shifts would typically be 5 hours with the possibility of extended hours for the right candidate given their willingness to assist more broadly within the team.
This position is an ongoing opportunity so is not suited to candidates currently on JobKeeper who are expecting to return to a previous role in the future.
If you are keen to apply, please submit your resume via Seek or by emailing it directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a kitchen hand?
- Have you worked in a role which requires well developed knife skills?
- How many hours are you available to work per week?