Legal Secretary / Conveyancer
Advertiser: Peacockes Solicitors Pty LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 May 2020
- Dubbo & Central NSW
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Legal Secretaries
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Provide paralegal and / or conveyancing support to our legal and / or conveyancing team, including all aspects of conveyancing related work if required;
- Draft and finalise correspondence and legal documentation;
- Property documentation preparation and settlement.
- Client liaison;
- General office administrative duties which may include reception and answering incoming calls if required;
- Managing diaries and appointments;
- General office support duties including opening files, filing (electronic and physical) and archiving of files;
- Assisting with billing, and collection of invoices; and
- File management.
Skills and experience
- Experience in a legal secretarial or paralegal role preferred;
- Completed conveyancing course, or conveyancing qualifications preferred (or a willingness to obtain those qualifications);
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills, attention to detail and ability to work under pressure;
- Intermediate or advanced computer skills;
- Experience using Open Practice an advantage;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Able to work as a team and when required also be able to work autonomously.
- Immediate start preferred
This position will provide development, challenge and reward for the right applicant. To apply please upload your resume and cover letter.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a legal secretary role?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have secretarial experience?