Advertiser: Central Goldfields Shire CouncilMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 May 2020
- Ballarat & Central Highlands
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Project Engineering
Permanent Full Time
$93,420 - $104,536 pa plus superannuation and RDO
Located at the geographical centre of Victoria, within one hour's drive from Ballarat or Bendigo, and just two hours from Melbourne sits Central Goldfields Shire Council. Maryborough is the major business centre surrounded by seven townships that feature iconic heritage architecture. Agricultural industries spread across the municipality, and there are several major manufacturing, infrastructure, freight, printing, and food production companies that call us home.
We are a dynamic organisation with a visionary and engaging executive, that look put value into what we do for our community, residents and business.
- Community and Customer Focussed
- Collaborative and Inclusive
- Challenge the Status Quo
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to apply skills, knowledge and industry best practice to provide engineering services, project and contract planning and management to ensure the successful preparation and delivery of a range of infrastructure capital works and special projects, ranging from new bridges and significant drainage planning and development to the delivery of architect-designed sports pavilions, halls, art gallery, and library.
You will engage with stakeholders across Council and our community for the provision of engineering services, and be part of a professional infrastructure team that supports each other in designing and delivering Council's annual capital works program.
In order to succeed in this role, you'll need:
- Degree or diploma in Civil Engineering or less formal qualifications with extensive experience with Infrastructure Project Management
- Extensive knowledge of project and contract management
- Significant knowledge of legislation acts, regulations, Australian Standards, amongst other practices and guidelines
- Well-developed conceptual and analytical skills with demonstrated experience in developing, assessing and implementing strategic solutions and plans
- Proficient knowledge with budgeting, accounting and financial procedures
What we offer you
We are open to discussing the possibility of flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and flexible start and finishing times that work for both you and the organisation. You are welcome to discuss these opportunities at the interview.
We offer a great salary, excellent growth opportunities, and the ability to really influence the future of our council and its surroundings. If this sounds like you, be part of an innovative and committed council and apply today!
Interviews will be conducted on Wednesday 10 June
For enquiries please contact Ross Cowie, Acting Manager Infrastructure, on 0417 347 684
Applications close on Monday 1 June 2020 at 8 am
To apply for this job go to:
centralgoldfieldscareers.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5086898.