Advertiser: Market CreationsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 May 2020
- Geraldton, Gascoyne & Midwest
- $95,000 - $109,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Management Accounting & Budgeting
Market Creations is an award-winning integrated marketing and technology agency offering an extensive range of services to clients throughout the state of Western Australia. By constantly benchmarking our services, Market Creations has established a reputation for delivering outstanding service to small, medium and large businesses, local government agencies and many other organisations. We are a high-energy, fast paced team providing a diverse range of services to a broad client base. We strive to make a measurable positive difference and have our services recognised as such.
Based in our Geraldton Office, the Management Accountant is responsible for all accounting and financial requirements for the company. Providing financial support, advice and expertise to the Managing Director and Management team, with the aim of maximising value and to develop the quality of the finance function within the company.
The Management Accountant will support the business by providing advice and knowledge on financial and commercial matters including the interpretation of financial data and action items.
- Prepare and review of AP and AR functions, accruals, general ledger account reconciliations, balance sheet and cash flow forecasts to ensure the accuracy and understandability of forecast numbers.
- Analyse the profits and losses of the company and determine strategies to increase profit and cut down on costs.
- Responsible and accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations and the development of a financial and operational strategy.
- Drives the company’s financial planning and performing risk management by analysing the organisation’s assets, liabilities and investments.
- Maintains compliance with statutory legislation, accounting standards, internal controls, company policies and procedures.
- Develops and reviews policies related to accounting and financial processes and make recommendations regarding the financial delegations of authority.
- Hold monthly meetings with management to discuss the budgetary position and agree action plans where required.
- Prepare and consolidate in a timely and reliable manner of data for management reports including commentary and presentation on a monthly basis.
- Demonstrates 5+ years’ experience of working in management accounting or financial management
- Good knowledge of budgeting and forecasting issues and techniques
- Meticulous and detail-oriented; capable of creating a well-researched analysis of financial costs and profits
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously and set and meet deadlines
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or Business Management desired
Please send Cover letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 30/5/2020
Only Australian Citizens need apply and WA based candidates are preferred.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a management accountant?
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?