Architect or Architectural Technician
Advertiser: Living Choice Australia Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 May 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Architectural Drafting
Living Choice Australia and the EDP Hotel Group is seeking to engage an Architect or Architectural Technician who possesses technical drafting skills. Aside from technical brilliance the applicant must have the ability to lead and guide more junior members of our team. The applicant should possess excellent verbal skills which will be required to articulate and present with confidence concepts drafted by our team to a broad ranging audience which will include; stakeholders, external consultants and regulatory approval bodies.
The majority of work will represent Company owned projects providing years of future work. We control the majority of construction and building internally, which will provide immense satisfaction to the applicant in seeing their projects transition from inception and design through to building and operation. Long term maintenance and eventual refurbishment also again involves our Designers' experience and flair.
The ability to motivate and collaborate with our existing Designers is essential, as is the ability to lead external consultants and ensure on time delivery of project milestones.
Reporting directly to the Head of Design and Company Directors this role will involve work on vast multi-year projects covering; Hotels, Commercial, Retail, Residential, Aged Care, Seniors Accommodation, Land Subdivisions located across South Australia, New South Wales and Queensland.
This is a permanent full time post which presents an amazing opportunity to become a senior part of a growing in-house design and construction team.
Proficiency in Autocad is essential with favour given to applicants with experience in Revit.
This role would be right for a Designer who can accurately and efficiently work within a team as a leader towards a shared goal, contributing to design development, planning approval submission and construction documentation.
- Proficient in documenting in Autocad (noting Revit)
- Working knowledge of the BCA & Australian standards
- Team leadership
- Outstanding verbal communication
- Car driving licence
The role is available now and ready to be offered to a successful candidate. Salary package offered will be commensurate with the applicant's skills and experience level.
Please submit a covering letter with your CV
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an architectural technician?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the Building Code of Australia (BCA)?