Warehouse AssistantPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 17 May 2020
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Warehousing, Storage & Distribution
We are a large home improvement company looking for a Warehouse Assistant for our Tullamarine office. This position will be casual to begin with and will be reviewed for a full time role during the probationary period. Preferred ASAP start.
Hours will be Monday – Friday 7.00am – 3.00pm
Reporting to the State Production Manager, you will be assisting the Production team with the day to day running of the warehouse.
- Receiving and dispatching of goods
- Liaising with Tradesman on a daily basis
- Keeping the warehouse in a safe and tidy manner
- Checking invoices/receipts against stock
- Stock control (including stock takes)
- General warehouse duties
- Occasional pickups/deliveries with Ute
- Calling customers to book in jobs
- Taking service calls/customer complaints
The successful applicant will possess:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Forklift and car licence
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to be able to lift heavy items
- High level of attention to detail
- Must be reliable
- Excellent communication skills & ability to deal with customers
- Intermediate knowledge of microsoft office functions including Excel & Word
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have experience operating a forklift?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.