Master Control Operator - Broadcast TV - Sydney
Advertiser: Lang DeaconMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 May 2020
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Programming & Production
- Busy, high-profile MCR operations;
- Based Sydney North;
- Career development & team support.
Immediate opportunity based in Sydney’s North to join one of Australia’s leading multi-channel broadcast playout organisations in the role of Master Control Operator.
Manage and maintain signal routing paths and continuity of transmission for multiple live channels to air in a state-of-the-art digital TV playout centre. The role of Master Control Operator is a technical operations role challenging your ability to coordinate multiple tasks, your attention to detail, and your calm nature under pressure.
The Master Control Operator will undertake monitoring and routine checks of transmission infrastructure and control systems, coordinate ad hoc transfers of programming content between client sites and the broadcast facility and management of routing paths for broadcast of both linear and streaming services.
What we need:
We’re looking for an experienced MCR Operator with good knowledge of AV routing across multiple paths in a busy, contemporary broadcast playout or transmission facility.
Broadcasting is a 24 hour business and as such the Master Control Operator must be comfortable working varied hours across a 24/7 shift roster.
- Career experience in Master Control operations;
- Coordination of broadcast satellite and fibre feeds;
- Attention to detail, methodical and responsive;
- Approachable team player with excellent communication skills;
- Comfortable working in a 24/7 roster.
In return the Master Control Operator will enjoy a genuinely supportive and enjoyable team culture, where work-life balance and effective teamwork is valued. The Master Control Operator will earn a competitive salary and benefit from defined career development opportunities with one of Australia’s high-profile TV media organisations.
At this stage only applicants with the right to live and work long term in Australia can be considered for this position.
If you fulfil the above criteria and would be interested in a new full-time challenge, then apply online including a Word version of your CV immediately.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?