Sexual Health Nurse
Advertiser: Wirraka MayaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 May 2020
- Port Hedland, Karratha & Pilbara
- Work Type
- Healthcare & Medical, Nursing - Community, Maternal & Child Health
Wirraka Maya Health Service Aboriginal Corporation is a community controlled Aboriginal health service providing holistic health care to Aboriginal clients in Port Hedland, South Hedland and surrounding communities.
The Sexual Health Nurse (Syphilis response) reports to and is directly accountable to the Clinical Manager, and is responsible for increasing the testing of Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) and Blood Borne Viruses (BBVs) to the at risk group across the Port Hedland & South Hedland & outreach. This in response to a Syphilis outbreak and endemic levels of other STIs and will be achieved through supporting the existing comprehensive primary health care approach at WMHSAC.
The successful applicant will have:
- Registration as an Enrolled Nurse/Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA);
- Successful completion of a Police clearance and Working with Children Check;
- Experience working in an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation;
- Excellent verbal communication skills;
- Excellent written skills;
- Ability to build rapport with clients;
- Ability to motivate staff;
- Ability to network with a board range of government and non-government organisations.
WMHSAC offers an attractive remuneration package, including generous salary packaging arrangements.
Applicants must obtain a copy of the selection criteria and address all criteria.
Applications close 7 June 2020.
Wirraka Maya Health Service Aboriginal Corporation reserves the right, at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted