Manager - Communications, Policy and Business Development
Advertiser: Palliative Care Tasmania LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 May 2020
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Marketing & Communications, Management
Role: Manager – Communications, Policy and Business Development
Term: Fixed term until 30 June 2022
Award: Social Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010
Level: Social and Community Services Employee Full and Part Time Level 8
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Job Status: 0.8 FTE
Palliative Care Tasmania (PCT) is the peak, State body for palliative care in Tasmania. It is a membership body with membership open to all those with an interest in palliative care.
PCT is governed by a Board of Directors elected at the Annual General Meeting (AGM), usually held in October every year.
PCT is a member of the national body, Palliative Care Australia, and has the opportunity to contribute to national policy issues in the area of palliative and end of life care, advance care planning and grief and bereavement.
PCT works to:
- Increase awareness and understanding of palliative care for all Tasmanians wherever they may live;
- Provide information, education and training opportunities to the general community, primary and allied health professionals, and carers and volunteers;
- Support and promote the rights of service users/consumers and providers;
- Support the maintenance of best practice standards in palliative and end of life care;
- Support people involved in the care of the dying; and
- Support the community in accessing appropriate end of life care services.
Working closely with the CEO, the Manager – Communications, Policy and Business Development is responsible for the development, positive positioning and ongoing management of PCT’s and the sector’s image and reputation, ensuring members are effectively serviced and events developed and delivered.
The Manager – Communications, Policy and Business Development will be responsible for communicating key messages to defined target audiences to establish goodwill and understanding between the PCT and its stakeholders. This is proactively achieved by generating positive coverage through effective media relations with broadcast, print and digital media outlets as well as effective advocacy and policy development.
A key role will be to monitor the publicity that is generated on behalf of the sector, as well as liaising on a regular basis with the CEO and Manager – Community Engagement to identify any opportunities to promote PCT and palliative care sector.
The Manager – Communications, Policy and Business Development is also responsible for ensuring PCT has an effective membership strategy and that members are retained and membership is increased.
The Manager – Communications, Policy and Business Development, working with the CEO, will develop and deliver palliative and end of life care policy initiatives, and will also help lead the development and implementation of business growth strategies.
For further information call the CEO on 0407 566 695
APPLICATIONS CLOSE WEDNESDAY 27 MAY 2020
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a marketing role?
- Have you completed a qualification in communications?
- Have you completed a qualification in marketing?
- Are you available to travel interstate / overseas for this role when required?