Alcohol and Other Drug Support Worker
Advertiser: Goldfields Rehabilitation Services IncMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 May 2020
- Kalgoorlie, Goldfields & Esperance
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Other
Goldfields Rehabilitation Services Inc. provide the only residential rehabilitation service for Goldfields' residents, offering a comprehensive programme and case management service to enable our clients to get their lives back on track. We are also expanding services to offer a medically supervised detoxification unit.
We are currently seeking an Alcohol and Other Drug Support Worker to join our team as part of the medical detoxification unit. As we are a 24x7 service the roster can include after-hours and weekend shifts.
The successful applicant will be required to meet following essential criteria;
- Relevant qualification in health, welfare, social work or AOD sector
- Experience of working with substance misuse issues and a clear understanding of the need for and ability to deliver quality services
- Sound and demonstrable knowledge of clinical prescribing issues
- Experience of supporting the delivery of community opiate/alcohol detoxification
- Knowledge of the issues facing substance users including social care, health issues, welfare benefits, emergency accommodation and appropriate medical interventions
- Current knowledge and commitment to Equal Opportunity in all aspects of employment and service delivery
Applications able to also meet the following desirable criteria will be looked upon favourably;
- Experience of delivering evidence based psychosocial interventions on both a group and one-to-one basis
- Knowledge of community based support / outreach practices
- Understanding of the Aboriginal people and culture of the Goldfields region
Appointment prerequisites for successful applicants will include the following;
- 100 point identification check
- Successful criminal record screening clearance
- Successful working with children check
- Current C class drivers license
GRSI is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
For a copy of the job description please email Program Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click the apply now button to apply for the position and include a detailed resume and document outlining how you meet the selection criteria.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?