Full time Junior Lawyer
Advertiser: Haynes RobinsonMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 May 2020
- Albany & Great Southern
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Generalists - Law Firm
Full time Junior Lawyer (1-3 years PAE) required
Haynes Robinson Lawyers are a boutique law firm that has been taking care of clients in the Great Southern since 1889. It is the oldest law firm in Western Australia, and offer services across all areas of law.
Located in the pretty and vibrant City of Albany, we service a population of 55,000 and deliver a full range of cost-effective and practical solutions for clients from all walks of life; including small and large businesses, farmers, families and individuals.
We offer a friendly and supportive work environment in a beautiful heritage building in which you would have your own office, car parking and secretarial support.
We work 8.30am to 5pm, which means you will have plenty of time to explore the amazing Southern Coastal sea and landscape and enjoy the plethora of cafés, restaurants and wineries. With the mild summer climate and relatively inexpensive accommodation costs, Albany is a lovely place to live, work and play.
The successful applicant will:
- Desire experience in a wide variety of legal areas
- Provide support to the Director in all aspects of file management and document preparation. This includes drafting routine documents, collection of information relevant to matters and liaising with clients
- Manage their own file load with the direction and supervision of the Director
- Attend face to face meetings with prospective and current clients and take detailed client instructions
- Undertake research
- Draft correspondence and Court documents
- Attend court appearances
Essential Skills and Experience
- Admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Western Australia
- Useful life experience and a good sense of humour
- Superior interpersonal skills with a friendly demeanour
- Exceptional grammatical and written skills with close attention to detail
- Resourceful research and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Commitment to working in Albany
To express interest in this position, please forward your resume, academic transcript and cover letter to email@example.com