Senior Farm Hand
Advertiser: ROBERT SHERIDAN FAMILY TRUSTMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 May 2020
- Wagga Wagga & Riverina
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Farm Labour
Woodstock and related farms comprise of 6000 acres of prime land in the Riverina sitting near Wagga, between Junee and Gundagai. It's a state of the art farm using modern machinery using GPS technology for cropping, managed feeding regimes for prime lamb production and there is an extensive network of sheds and silos.
We’re looking for a senior farm hand with good experience for the operation of a mixed farming property. You must be a self starter and practical. Someone to learn and or help organise the day to day planning and running of this mixed farm operation.
- Assisting the Farm Owner with the day-to-day running of the farm.
- Operating farm machinery, including but not limited to tasks associated with paddock preparation, planting, spreading, spraying, amelioration, harvest, and cartage
- Farm record keeping including rainfall monitoring, chemical stocktakes, soil test results, planting records, and records of contacts with consultants and suppliers
- Other duties as requested by the Farm Manager
To be successful in this role you must be able to take direction and show initiative, work as part of a team and unsupervised, have strong communication skills, be fit and strong, and be prepared to work some after hours and weekends. You are someone that's proud to be on the land and looking for a lifetime career in farming. You want to grow your skills and experience on a farm that leads the way and sets the standard for productivity. You’re able to remain calm in heated situations and have high attention to detail in all aspects of farming operations.
Ideally you will have experience with sheep (experience with cattle will be considered), have operated modern cropping machinery, and have a good understanding of pasture and crop rotations.
- 3+ years of practical experience in broadacre cropping (essential)
- Hay/silage making (desirable)
- Experience working with sheep and your own sheepdogs (highly desirable but not essential)
- Experience in operating and maintaining a range of modern farming machinery tractors, headers etc (essential)
- Ability to work without instruction and solution driven character (essential)
- HR license (essential)
- HC license (desirable)
- Front end loader operation (highly desirable)
- Experience tracking the storage of grain, seed, hay (desirable)
- An openness and willingness to learn (essential)
- Maintain a professional image (essential)
- Leadership potential - ability to help manage and supervise junior and casual staff (essential)
- Familiarization with GPS technology (desirable but not essential, preferable greenstar)
- Fencing (desirable)
- Chemical accreditation and application experience (desirable)
- Mechanical skills (highly desirable)
This role comes with an attractive salary and includes a 4 bedroom family accommodation. The local primary school is only a quick 5m drive and the school bus leaves 300m from outside your front gate. You will be provided with a ute for use on the farm and all utilities (electricity, water, house phone) are also provided as part of the package. The position is available for an immediate start although could be held open for the right candidate. If you’re interested please call 0428 692 877 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?