Estimator - Work on Tier 1 Projects
Advertiser: Deluxe CleaningMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 May 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Estimating
Deluxe provides premium quality construction cleaning to Australia's top tier Builders. Over the last 21 years, we have delivered the final clean to some of the largest and high-profile projects across Sydney.
Our work spans across commercial, residential, industrial, retail, health & aged care, hospitality, hotels, education, sporting facilities and government & defence.
We’re looking for an experienced Estimator/BDM to join an innovative and high performing team in a well-established company.
This is a hands-on multi-functional role, taking full ownership for the estimating of large scale construction projects and driving the business development side to secure opportunities to expand and grow the business.
You'll be a proactive and ambitious individual who is self-motivated and has the hunger and capability to drive the business forward. This role requires a high level of client engagement and you will thrive on building relationships with new and existing clients, plus you'll have the confidence and professionalism to attend and represent the company at site walks and tender meetings.
An existing network of contacts with Tier 1/Tier 2 Builders will be highly regarded.
- Prepare and submit tenders & quotations for the cleaning of major construction projects for Tier 1/Tier 2 Builders
- Review & interpret tender documentation including; architectural drawings, scope of works, safety documentation, construction contracts etc.
- Obtain quotations from subcontractors and suppliers
- Negotiate on tenders and contracts
- Conduct site walks and tender meetings with Tier 1/Tier 2 Builders
- Track and report on the progress of tenders, quotes and opportunities/leads
- Prepare project budgets for the operations team based on tender submissions
- Coordinate tender handover and present project information to the team
- Identify and target new business opportunities to generate additional revenue with new & existing clients
- Submit Expressions of Interest and relevant proposals to capitalise on all opportunities
- Develop strong industry relationships and utilise your networking skills to grow the business
- Evaluate and review the tender and estimating process for cost effectiveness and efficiency improvements
- 5 years estimating experience in the Australian construction sector
- Strong understanding of the full estimating process
- High level of accuracy, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Advanced in MS Office Outlook and Excel
- Sales focused
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Results driven and hands-on with a solution focused approach
- Able to build strong rapport and positive relationships in the construction industry
- Can manage a busy workload with strong organisational & time management
- Thrives in an innovative and growing company environment
- Constantly seeks to add value and contributes ideas
- Professional, friendly and honest
Apply now if you’re looking to join a successful team that’s leading the industry and enjoy the challenge & diversity of working across a wide range of high-profile projects.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of estimating experience do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?