Accounts payable officer
Advertiser: Cordina Chicken Farms3 out of 53.0 overall rating (9 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 May 2020
- Sydney, North West & Hills District
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable Officer
Summertime Chickens is an Australian owned family business. From our offices located at Galston we process, prepare and distribute chicken meat products.
An excellent opportunity exists for an experienced Accounts Payable Officer to join our Finance team to provide leadership and drive to the Accounts Payable process.
Reporting to the Company Accountant, your responsibilities will include –
- Processing invoices
- Supplier reconciliations
- Managing supplier and internal enquiries
- Ensure accurate and timely coding of invoices
- Ensure internal control within the AP process are adhered to and improved
- 3 Ways matching of documentation for payment
- Preparing batches for payment
The successful applicant will have
- 8+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- High school diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred
- Must have strong work ethics
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Must be able to follow standard filing procedures
- Skilled in Microsoft office programs
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to speak and write English fluently
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an accounts payable officer?
- How many years of accounts payable experience do you have?