Advertiser: Martin Brothers Infection Prevention and Control SpecialistsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 May 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Biological & Biomedical Sciences
Martin Brothers Infection Prevent and Control (IPC) specialises in enhanced environmental cleaning of frequently used touchpoints to prevent surface transmission. Our services comply with the Australian Government’s COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Control guidelines specific to environmental cleaning and sanitisation.
Our business is growing nationally in response to demand for our sanitisation services. We require passionate leaders in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne to join the business to support our team and keep the community safe.
PhD Biomedical Researcher to evaluate the emerging research and guidelines around COVID-19 and the roles of virus transmission in workplaces and public places in order to influence business policy and practices to best protect the Australian community from COVID-19.
Working with the leading company in Australia for infection prevention that has the primary mission of protecting the community and reinvigorating the national economy. Reporting to the Head of Research and working with other team members of the medical research team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide rapid, evidence based responses to questions posed by the different arms of the business in line with the mantra of the business of keeping the community safe.
- Conduct literature reviews that delve into the scientific basis of the business - e.g. SARS-CoV-2 virus, transmission routes, prevention techniques - to influence procedures and delivery to the general public.
- Daily review of emerging research and guidelines around COVID-19 in order to influence practices within the business.
- Daily review of the current pandemic, evaluating the Australian and global case load for internal staff education.
- Develop educational programs aimed at the general public.
- Meet with managers and the research advisory team to discuss analysis needs and how the research group may be able to provide them on-demand or regular support.
The Successful candidate will have:
- PhD/Masters degree in biomedical research or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the field.
- In-depth understanding of virus transmission, theory and community impacts.
- Emotional drive to help the Australian community to avoid further health and socioeconomic impacts of COVID-19.
- Ability to see the big picture, while maintaining focus on detail.
- No roadblocks - only solutions and outcomes mindset.
- Strong technical and computer skills.
- The analytical and scientific frame of mind that allows them to adapt to and evaluate situations that are not associated with their specific area of expertise.
- Focused on rapid delivery of required outcomes.
- Well organised with good time management skills.
- Ability to work well and flexibly - autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders - with a focus on the desired business outcomes.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- A high regard for personal presentation
- Full working rights
What's in it for you:
- Working in a supported team environment
- Being a part of a company which has a mission of Flattening the Curve of COVID -19 in Australia
- Penalties & allowances apply
If you have all of the above criteria, please click the apply button now to be a part of our great team.
*Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted*
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you completed a qualification in science?