Systems Operations Analyst
Advertiser: ICE Data ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 May 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
The Operations Support Analyst will provide immediate assistance to traders, back office, support personnel and IT staff in an effort to achieve the highest customer satisfaction and minimize the impact of IT related problems. The Operations Support Analyst must be a motivated team player that can see projects to completion, work independently, and be willing to assist other staff in areas not specific to their duties.
The Operation Support Analyst is not a typical NOC/helpdesk role—it is part of a highly specialized support organization that is responsible for the daily operations of multiple industry leading trading exchanges, clearing systems, and data services. This is a customer-facing position that requires identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving both internal system problems, as well as external customer-related IT issues. The role requires a blend of general technical and business knowledge, as well as a comprehensive understanding of the overall architecture of the ICE/NYSE exchanges, divisions, clearing, and infrastructure. This position is not a Systems Administrator or Network Engineering position; however, prior experience in these areas is desirable. Job level will be determined based on years of relevant experience.
This is a 24x7 environment and the position may require weekend scheduling and or working on other shifts.
- Troubleshoot day-to-day customer issues and provide direct support to clients
- Work with the client to communicate important information about system maintenance, changes, events, and to address client concerns regarding any aspect of the services
- Interact with third-party vendors, coordinate and collaborate with various internal business units
- Maintain operations and administration of proprietary systems is an integral part of the position
- Assist other ICE/NYSE staff with problem solving and escalation procedures
- Quickly assess an issue(s) and provide management with well-conceived short and long-term actions for restoration of service(s)
- Ownership of production incidents including communication, escalation, and follow-up for root-cause analysis
- Understand the various trading and clearing platforms and apply technical knowledge to improve system performance and reliability
- Prepare documentation for troubleshooting and escalation procedures
- Follow organizational practices in regard to Incident, Problem, and Change Management along with the creation of database records for these disciplines
- Control computer system(s) on schedule by means of computer system console, operator checklists, and third-party software.
- Scheduling flexibility required
Knowledge and Experience
- Beginner level experience with the Linux Operating System (RedHat variants preferred)
- Build automation and configuration management
- Beginner to moderate experience coding with any combination of Perl, Ruby, Bourne, Python, Java, API’s and others
- Automation tools
- Top-tier critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to work in a service-oriented team environment
- Project Management, organization, and time management
- Customer focused, and dedicated to the best possible user experience
- Communicate effectively with both technical and business resources
Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Systems/Application support experience OR Associates/Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to be organized and decisive while under pressure, when managing urgent and critical production issues as and when they occur
- Team Player - able to interface/liaison effectively with a variety of technical/non-technical contributors throughout the organization
- Logical approach, critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills with the ability to identify the root cause(s) of a problem
- Demonstrate reliability, flexibility, and attention to detail
Meaningful experience with the following industries/technologies is a PLUS:
- Financial markets, trading and clearing systems
- Technology and/or application support
- Network and network forensic analysis (packet capture analysis)
- FIX Protocol
- Java, Visual Basic, MQ, SWIFT, shell scripting
- Ability to debug/write shell scripts. Basic knowledge about Java Coding/Debugging. Ability to look at logs/stack trace to debug issues
- Proficiency in Bash, Solaris, Linux, UNIX operating systems
- Experience with enterprise monitoring solutions
- Understanding and working knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP and Multicast technologies
- Working knowledge of internetworking and various LAN/WAN technologies
- Working knowledge of router, switch, firewall, and proxy technologies: Apache, Akamai (CDN), DNS, LDAP, MySQL
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?