Advertiser: Focus ConnectMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 May 2020
- Sydney, South West & M5 Corridor
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Accounting, Accounts Officers/Clerks
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and proactive Accounts Clerk with a can-do attitude to join our growing finance team on a part-time basis with potential to go full-time.
What we can offer you:
- An immediate start
- Campbelltown Location
- Part-time 3 day a week role with potential to go full-time for the right candidate.
- Generous Salary Packaging options (including novated leasing and exempt fringe benefits)
Focus Connect (Macarthur Diversity Services Initiative Ltd) is a registered, not-for-profit charity that offers support services to the disadvantaged and marginalised. Based on an integrated service delivery system, Focus Connect's program services are specifically tailored through three business units: Community services, non-residential aged care services and disability services. Service delivery has concentrated on the Macarthur district with many of our clients from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
At our core is a focus on getting people the support they need, when they need it. Our tailored services are for individual requirements, with a focus on supporting families, parents, youth, people living with a disability, the aged, and carers.
About the Role:
Working in our head office in Campbelltown, you will work as part of the Finance team to provide day-to-day financial administration support as required and directed by the Accountant or Assistant Accountant. This is a part-time role working three days per week with the potential to extend to full-time hours for the right candidate. You would be expected to work full-time hours for the first month in order to familiarise yourself with the role and responsibilities.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Data entry of approved invoices and expense claims
- Petty cash reconciliations
- Preparing approved invoices for payment and obtaining payment authorisation
- Administration duties, including data entry and filing
- Handling internal and external general accounts enquiries
- Act as a point of contact for customer accounts and invoicing enquiries
- Ad hoc duties as required
You will have at least 1 year of proven experience in a similar role. You will have exceptional time management skills and the ability to self-manage to meet strict deadlines to support the finance team as required. Attention to detail, accuracy and organisational skills are a must.
For a copy of the Position Description or to apply for this position please forward a copy of your cover letter and resume to Hamdia Khan, HR Manager at (02) 4627 1188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on 01 June 2020.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an accounts clerk?
- Do you have experience using Xero?