Plant Breeding Marketing, Trials and Seed Production Assistant
Advertiser: Australian Grain Technologies (AGT)More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 May 2020
- Adelaide Hills & Barossa
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Agronomy & Farm Services
Australian Grain Technologies (AGT) is Australia’s largest plant breeding company with a focus on delivering field crop varieties with superior performance to Australian farmers. AGT has a vibrant team of breeders and researchers who use the latest technology to develop new plant varieties. This position offers a rare and exciting opportunity for you to grow your career in a dynamic and successful breeding company. AGT is committed to training and development in a wide range of technical and non-technical areas.
About the role
In this combined role, you will be assisting the Marketing & Production team, as well as the Plant Breeding Technical team in completing the key responsibilities below.
- Maximise the availability and uptake of AGT varieties by growers in SA
- Monitoring of seed production crops and field trials
- Seeding and harvesting of field trials
- Assist in development of SA marketing and production plans
- Assist with seed production and distribution network
- Sample handling, cleaning and packing for field trials
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key influencers
- Identify new product development opportunities
- Contribute to the production of marketing materials
- Understanding of Australian broadacre cropping industry and general agricultural knowledge
- Experience in field trial management including harvest/seeding
- Strong relationship management skills
- Outstanding time management skills
- Good Microsoft Office skills
We are seeking applicants with the drive and passion and a “can do attitude”, to make a difference in this crucial business function. You will have the opportunity to be part of a great team environment and play an important role in the success of AGT. If you have a love of agriculture/agronomy and you have an interest in marketing then this may be the role for you.
For further information about AGT, please visit our website www.agtbreeding.com.au Copies of job description available from email@example.com
Submit your application by clicking the 'Apply' button
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 10 June 2020
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?