Drafting Manager - Residential
Advertiser: Homecorp ConstructionsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 May 2020
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Architectural Drafting
- Full-time position based in Surfers Paradise
- Residential Volume Builder
- Hardworking and energetic team
Homecorp Constructions began as a luxury construction business focused on quality and craftsmanship. With experience and success building luxury homes on the Gold Coast, Homecorp Constructions entered the residential market with the same passion for perfection, functionality and lasting quality. Homecorp Constructions prides itself on customer service and delivering quality at every turn.
The Homecorp Group started over 10 years ago with a modest 66 lot subdivision and with the strength and experience acquired has now delivered over 18 residential projects in almost all states of Australia. Homecorp Constructions commenced operations as part of the group in 2014 and has built over 1,000 homes since.
About the Opportunity:
We are looking for a self-motivated and capable Drafting Manager to drive the drafting team to meet timelines and demands, this role is a Permanent Full-Time position based in our head office in Surfers Paradise.
Reporting into the Operations Manager; you will be responsible for managing, gathering drawings, specifications, drafting designs while taking consideration of products available in the design.
This role will be required to provide leadership and mentoring to staff to encourage a co-operative team environment while working for an organisation as part of the management team, who values continuous improvement and growth.
- Management of the drafting team
- Development and implementation of team policies and processes
- Ensuring systems are managed and checked regularly for efficiency
- Schedule drafting work and tracking
- Review and coordinate complex plans
- Overseeing completed quality plans by providing data
- Able to produce accurate detailed working drawings for construction
- Understands variable site conditions/overlays and their effect on builds.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Diploma of Building design or equivalent tertiary education highly desirable
- 3+ year’s experience in a drafting management or team leader role
- Excellent ArchiCAD skills and knowledge of ResCode the BCA & Excellent construction knowledge for buildability and sequencing on site
- Strong leadership skills, ability to motivate, mentor and develop team.
- Experience in drafting within the residential retail market, with high volume builder exposure.
- Have the initiative, creativity and ability to design and develop drawings.
Candidates with full-work rights in Australia to apply only.
What can we offer you?
We value our people at Homecorp Constructions and are looking for passionate and engaged individuals to join us and enhance our workplace culture. At Homecorp Constructions, we aim to be a destination employer in the construction industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Have you completed a qualification in building design / building design drafting?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?