Accounts Payable Supervisor
Advertiser: Martinus Rail4.3333 out of 54.3 overall rating (6 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 May 2020
- Sydney, Southern Suburbs & Sutherland Shire
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Accounts Payable
Martinus is a 100% Australian owned and operated rail construction company working on some of Australia's largest rail infrastructure projects. We are a company that focuses on finding people who are the right fit into our company culture as much having the right skills and experience. We encourage learning, experimentation and out of the box thinking, and we know that fun is a vital element of an engaged and productive workplace. We value the importance of balance between work and family life; and promote this philosophy throughout the company.
- Do you thrive on driving a solution focused environment?
- Are you committed to delivering outcomes that exceed expectations, every time?
- Do you make things happen, get the job done, no matter what?
We are seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Supervisor to effectively manage the full Accounts Payable function and assist with Procurement. Process not limited to supplier approval, credit application, data-entry, raising purchase orders, payment runs, vendor management, reconciliations, GL coding, and other administrative duties
Jobs Task and Responsibilities:
- Promote, create & drive process efficiencies within the AP team
- Ensure month end AP and GL accounts are reconciled
- Matching, Batching and coding of Supplier invoices
- New Vendor set up, credit applications and database management
- Preparation of weekly and monthly payments
- Supplier and AP reconciliations
- Problem solving invoice and PO discrepancies
- Liaising with suppliers on any invoicing queries, payment timing and discrepancies
- Responsible for data integrity /database integrity.
- Corporate card management including reconciliations, reporting and month end tasks
- Perform internal audit procedures to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of internal controls
- Management of Delegation of Authority register
- Work with team members, supervisors, and project managers to ensure project requirements and specifications are met
- Analyse potential vendors and suppliers for future project needs
- Supplier Relationship management; performance reporting, reviews and materials management
- Adhoc tasks as required
- Plans and organised workload effectively
- Prioritises workload to ensure deadlines are met
- Maintains a good level of work output
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Pays attention to detail, is thorough and accurate
- Communicates clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form
- Works well with team mates and co-workers
- Ability to foster positive relationship with Manager
- Follows set work procedures and processes
- Completes tasks to a high standard
- Treats colleagues and external associates with dignity and respect
- Behaves honestly, courteously and ethically in all dealings
- Maintains a positive attitude and professional image
- Maintains compliance with safety requirements at all times
- Exhibits positive safety behaviours
- Demonstrates required level of knowledge of equipment and tools relevant to role
- Understands all high-risk activities for the role
Essential skills and qualifications:
- At least 5 years' experience in Accounts Payable with at least 3 years staff management experience, preferably in a high growth SME business. SAP experience preferred.
- Time management, people management, organisational skills, good people skills, good telephone manner
- SAP (Intermediate level), Excel (Intermediate level), Outlook (Basic level)
If you're keen to join Martinus, and are committed to making a difference, please send us your resume and a cover letter outlining why we can't do without you.To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Please note agency submissions will not be accepted.