Community Service Worker
Advertiser: Catherine House Inc.More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 May 2020
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Housing & Homelessness Services
About the business and the role
We are very pleased to recruit for this role in our Emergency Program team.
Catherine House Inc. is a quality accredited, not-for-profit organisation that works with women affected by homelessness. A rare opportunity has come up for a skilled, enthusiastic and positive Community Service Worker to join our team. In return, you will be part of a progressive, values and outcomes-based organisation. Catherine House continually looks for innovative housing and support solutions for women experiencing homelessness. Our goal is not just to house women, but to offer life changing opportunities that will enable them to move forward and live a life that is purposeful and meaningful to them.
We invite applications for the following vacancy based in the Adelaide CBD:
Part-time Community Service Worker in our Emergency Accommodation Program.
This role works across a 24/7 roster.
Evening shifts with a Passive Sleepover shift/relief weekday and weekend shifts.
Minimum 3 shifts: 19 hours per fortnight.
Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award
Crisis Accommodation Employee Level 1 Pay Point 1-4 (dependent upon qualifications and experience).
Generous Salary Packaging is available.
Relevant loadings apply to this role for evening, weekend and Public Holiday work.
Active hours are 5pm - 11pm on weeknights.
A passive sleepover shift is 11pm - 7am and a nightly sleepover allowance of $48.45 is paid.
Skills and Experience
We are seeking an experienced Community Service Worker with the following:
- Availability evening/overnight across 7 days of the week
- Interest in working "after hours" shifts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience in working with people who have a range of high and complex needs, including mental health and substance misuse issues
- Some experience in case work
- Enthusiastic, a team player with good self-awareness and insight
- Successful, current Disability Services Employment Screening or ability to achieve one
- Experience working in a Crisis Accommodation setting, or similar
- Experience in the homelessness sector
- Knowledge of H2H data entry
- Current First Aid certificate
How to apply:
Please Note - no applications made via the SEEK website will be considered.
A copy of the Job and Person Specification for the position can be obtained via the Catherine House website at: https://catherinehouse.org.au/work-with-us
Send a covering letter, outlining your experience and suitability for the position, your CV, and the names of three referees addressed to:
Deirdre Flynn - Director Client Services
emailed to: DeirdreF@catherinehouse.org.au
PLEASE NOTE: Only applicants that have referred to and addressed the key requirements of the role as outlined in the Job and Person Specification will be considered for shortlisting.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Closing date for applications is: 9:00 pm, Sunday 07 June 2020
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.