Advertiser: Sowilo Community High SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 May 2020
- Perth, Fremantle & Southern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Education & Training, Teaching Aides & Special Needs
Sowilo Community High School is a non-government independent Curriculum and Re-engagement (CARE) high school. Our mission is to re-engage educationally at-risk teenagers into life-long learning via an holistic, alternative, flexible and individualised process. Sowilo offers the high school curriculum delivered to meet individual students’ needs and provides additional exciting enrichment programs including Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Aquaponics/Sustainability.
Applications are invited for a professional Education Assistant to join the team of dynamic teachers, social workers and youth workers. This is a contract role to the end of the 2020 school year and is for four days per week (FTE 0.8). You must be available to work on Fridays.
Reporting to the Deputy Principal:
You will assist the Teachers with
• care and supervision of students
• delivery of set educational programs
• involvement in extra curricula activities
• preparation and maintenance of the classroom environment as directed
• promotion of the ethos of the school
You will have the Essential Criteria
• Current Working With Children’s Check
• National Police Clearance (less than 12 months old)
• Certificate IV in Education Support
• Previous experience working with young people with diverse needs
• Possess excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
• Possess a First Aid Certificate or willing to undertake an approved First Aid Course
You will enjoy
• Above award salary
• Working in an exciting and caring environment
• Free Parking
• Opportunities for Professional Development
Applications must include a covering letter addressing the essential criteria together with your resume and at least two recent references.
Please submit applications via e-mail (preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org
For confidential enquiries phone 9390 1995
Application closing date is Sunday 31 May 2020.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Which of the following First Aid accreditations do you currently hold?
- Have you completed a qualification in education support?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.