Advertiser: Business Insurance GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 May 2020
- Brisbane, Southern Suburbs & Logan
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Insurance & Superannuation, Brokerage
This division has experienced excellent growth over the past three years and is looking for another team member to help take the business to the next level.
Business Insurance Group (BIG) was started in 1999 and has grown to be a highly respected boutique commercial insurance brokerage with offices on both the South and North side of Brisbane.
The division which this role will fit within is an owner-driven portfolio of clients ranging from SME to Small Corporate.
The business is a Corporate Authorised Representative of Insurance Advisernet Australia. This gives staff access to the systems, functions, events and market clout provided by Australia's AR group of choice.
A rare opportunity has become available to join this team through the fact that one of the existing members will be on Maternity Leave. The role will initially start as a replacement role in the Assistant Account Executive function with a view to the successful candidate becoming an autonomous Account Executive managing and building their own portfolio of clients.
During the training, orientation and probation phase, the key duties would include:
- Obtaining new business/renewal quotes
- Processing endorsements and making changes to policies
- Handling general client enquiries
- Taking claims details and lodging claims
- Gaining an understanding of the clients' businesses within the portfolio
Once the candidate has proven their ability, the role would be upgraded to:
- Managing a given portfolio of clients (including making calls, seeing clients, managing renewals etc)
- Achieving pre-agreed growth targets
- Advising clients on complex risks and insurance strategies
- Advising clients on complex claims matters
- Working with an assistant to manage quotes, workflow and general tasks
The ideal candidate for this role would have the following skills, qualifications characteristics:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sales skills
- Diploma of Insurance Broking qualification (Tier 1 or Tier 2 may also be acceptable for the right candidate - additional university qualifications are highly regarded)
- Strong technical product knowledge including Professional Indemnity, Business Package, Liability, Management Liability, Commercial Motor (knowledge of ISR highly regarded)
- Willingness to meet with clients face-to-face, attend networking groups
- Familiarity with broking CRMs such as Sunrise, Winbeat, iAnywhere, iClose etc.
- Basic computer literacy including Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Strong ability to function as a part of a team (including participating in social events etc)
- A clear focus on business growth and personal/career development
BIG offers a number of benefits including:
- Ability to grow into the larger role over time with the surety provided by an existing understanding of the client base
- A friendly and supportive environment with people who would love to see you achieve your career and life goals
- Negotiable salary package based largely on your contribution to the business provides potential upside over time
- Great opportunities for career and education progression
- Involvement in social functions and events
How to apply:
Please click the "apply" button and submit your resume/CV along with a covering letter explaining why you would love to work with us.