General Practice Nurse
Advertiser: AB SurgeryMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 May 2020
- Port Macquarie & Mid North Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, General Practitioners
AB Surgery is looking for a Registered Nurse to join our friendly and professional team for an immediate start.
The applicant will need to have excellent General Practice skills or the ability and willingness to grow and develop the required skills via ongoing internal and external education.
The role will be initially a casual position with a minimum of 2 days a week with the successful applicant being flexible to work extra days when required.
- Organisational skills and an ability to multitask
- A patient focused approach
- Ability to follow procedures and confident decision making skills
- Be able to work autonomously and in collaboration with the practice team
- Assist in the implementation, education and preparation of management care plans for chronic health patients
- Participate with administration staff in the effective use of reminder systems
- Proficiency in using IT systems and practice software (Medical Director or BP experience)
Essential selection criteria
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Current CPR certificate
- Minimum 2 years RN experience (previous GP Nursing will be highly regarded)
- Immunisation competencies and knowledge of vaccinations
- Women’s Health Certificate
Duties will include
- Patient triaging
- ECG’s, spirometry’s
- Wound dressing
- Assisting doctors with minor procedures
- Implementing practice infection control and sterilization of equipment
- Ordering medical stock items
Remuneration will be offered in accordance with the successful applicants experience and qualifications
Please apply via email email@example.com and please include a cover letter and resume with your application.
- How many years' experience do you have as a general practice nurse?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?