Head Performance Coach
Advertiser: Ace Performance - Athlete Centre of ExcellenceMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 May 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $60,000 - $69,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Management
ACE PERFORMANCE – ATHLETE CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE
ACE Performance is an athlete development company with a vision to impact and deliver results for athletes by bridging ‘THE GAP’ between professional sporting entities and the private training sector.
ACE Performance is looking for an experienced head performance coach to run the High Performance Program at our North Melbourne location.
This is an exciting time to be a part of the newly designed ACE Performance Company. During this Pandemic, we have improved and innovated our already successful coaching model to provide a truly unique experience for our clients and key stakeholders.
The successful applicant will be an integral part of our team and will help shape the program for future success.
As a key member of the performance team you will be responsible for the following:
- Designing and implementing performance training programs in-season, off-season, and pre-season for all clients in a manner that reflects research-driven practices that will produce results.
- Working in cooperation with the allied health partners for rehabilitation programs.
- Facilitating a collaborative relationship among sport coaches, parents, and the performance team.
- Periodic testing and reviewing of client results
- Determining and reinforcing expectations for athlete conduct that mirror the organisations expectations.
- Coach/athlete mentoring and education
To be successful in the role you will have:
- BSc in Sport and Exercise science or Exercise Physiology or related field
- A current relevant professional certification credentialed by an independent accreditation agency—for example, the ASCA Certified
- Current standard first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- A strong working knowledge and teaching technical skills in Strength and power development.
- Experience developing technical Speed and Agility.
- Experience and/or expertise in strength and conditioning programming for semi-professional and/or professional athletes.
- Strong motivational abilities.
- Strong communication skills.
- An autonomous individual who has a “student mind” at heart, always wanting to learn and master the trade.
- Evidence of ability to interact positively with athletes, colleagues, and key stakeholders
- Evidence of strong organisational skills and effective oral and written communication skills.
The successful applicant will be supportive of the aims and practices of ACE Performance and be willing to contribute to its strategic and tactical vision at becoming a leader within the performance sector. Commitment to the ACE Performance vision, mission and values is a condition of employment. Child Protection legislation applies and only applicants with full working rights in Australia, will be considered.
Applications, including curriculum vitae and the names and contact details of three referees, must be submitted in PDF format and submitted to Anthony@accelerationmelbourne.com.au
For further information regarding this position, please contact Anthony Van Rooyen Anthony@accelerationmelbourne.com.au
- How many years' experience do you have in the sports & fitness industry?