Advertiser: Mulgowie Farming CompanyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 May 2020
- Northern QLD
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Consulting & Generalist HR
Mulgowie Farming Company is a large Australian owned and operated horticultural business, specialising in the growing, packing, marketing and distribution of fresh vegetables for domestic and export markets. Over the past 75 years, Mulgowie Farming Company has grown far and wide, with vegetable farms across Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria. Mulgowie farmers are passionate about tending to Healthy Soil, growing Healthy Plants and consistently providing high quality, nutritious fresh vegetables for Healthy People.
In this newly created role, reporting to the Human Resource Manager, you will provide HR advice and guidance on HR service deployment. Based at our Bowen facility in North Queensland, you will service the Operational team in your region, working closely with line managers to resolve operational HR issues and provide solutions whilst efficiently embedding cyclical HR process and tools.
As a key member of the HR team, you will be required to ensure that HR frameworks, initiatives and strategies align with business requirements and contribute to the development of HR policy and processes for the defined area of responsibility.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide timely day-to-day HR advice, support and consultancy to managers and employees in such areas as; recruitment and on-boarding, employee relations, performance management, remuneration, conflict resolution, including disciplinary action, and off-boarding.
- Support management and employees in the interpretation and adherence to Enterprise Agreement and/or appropriate industrial instruments.
- Facilitate consultative approach to understand and diagnose the HR issues before working with the line manager to develop a solution and influence a change which is tailored to the environment and employees involved.
- Provide advice, coaching, feedback and support to management to effectively manage the performance and development needs of the workforce. This may include providing advice or attendance in performance management meetings with employees and/or paired with appropriate performance and development plans.
- Contribute to the development and review of HR Policies and Procedures.
- Some interstate travel may be required to support managers at other regional locations.
To be successful in the position you will have:
- A higher qualification in relevant discipline with demonstrated generalist experience
- Sound experience managing and co-ordinating operational HR work, investigating, problem-solving and influencing change with excellent communication and influencing skill
- A good understanding of the IR landscape including Award and Enterprise Agreements in addition to accurate interpretation and application
- An ability to apply your knowledge to enable employee engagement and inclusion, improvement of organisational effectiveness, performance management and human resource planning
- Well-developed customer service skills and a pro-active approach to tasks and problem resolution
- An ability to engage and work closely with business functions and collaborate effectively with peers and internal & external stakeholders.
Why Join Us?
At Mulgowie; we value the Consumer in all of our decision making; value the safety of our people and product; respect all people and are united through team spirit; and value clear communication whilst welcoming all ideas for improvement.
This is an exciting role for candidates who pride themselves on providing a high level of customer satisfaction and have the drive to continue professional growth to support and strengthen our high calibre operations.
If you believe you possess the above criteria, please apply on seek providing a cover letter and current resume outlining your skills and experience.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in Human Resources (HR)?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the Fair Work Act?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of employment & workplace relations?