Advertiser: Byron Shire CouncilMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 May 2020
- Lismore & Far North Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Project Engineering
The Byron Shire offers pristine beaches, diverse lifestyles, a magnificent natural environment and a subtropical climate. Byron Shire Council has a high performance, collaborative culture and we value our employees. We provide a rewarding and flexible working environment and celebrate our values of:
- We lead with enthusiasm and purpose
- We are open, honest and respectful
- We foster well-being and creativity
- We achieve our goals and succeed together
We are looking for:
A qualified and experienced Project Engineer to join our Works Team. If you are considering looking for an exciting opportunity with a Council, then this may be the role for you! We have passion and enthusiasm and are looking for like-minded people to join us on this journey.
The successful candidate will meet all the criteria set out in the Position Description for the role and importantly will have demonstrated ability to deliver high level engineering technical services in the planning, design, contract management, construction and maintenance of infrastructure and other civil works for the Works Team. Also the Infrastructure Services Directorate for Councils roads, drainage, bridges, traffic and other associated Council assets.
- Full-time position (35 hours per week).
- Salary and Conditions will be in accordance with the NSW Local Government (State) Award with an appointment at a salary in the range of $1,702.61 to $1,972.73 per week (dependent upon skills and experience) **.
- **Plus 3.5% civil liability insurance
- Other benefits include 9.5% superannuation, education and training support, flexible work hours and an attractive salary packaging scheme.
**Recent graduates and less experienced Engineers are encouraged to apply. If successful, a salary appropriate to skills/experience will apply.
This position is based in Mullumbimby, however Council can require you to work from other work sites as required for operational reasons.
James Flockton - Infrastructure Planning Coordinator 0266267158 - Business Hours
Wednesday, 3rd June, 2020 9am (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
We believe in diversity, inclusion and equality and are committed to ensuring that our workplaces are a reflection of our community. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion brings, and in turn encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply for our vacancies.
We are open to discussing flexible working arrangements and encourage our people to explore new ways of working – including part-time, job-share or working from different locations. Everyone can ask about it.
We strongly encourage applications from people with disability and will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment process and in the workplace. If you need an adjustment during the recruitment process, please call or email the contact person listed below, and also advise us of your preferred method of communication.
Pre-Employment Screening Process:
- Reference Checks: Referees will preferably be your current or most recent supervisor and must be able to comment directly on your abilities in a work situation. If you have any objection to this action, your concerns should be raised in your application and be discussed with the Selection Panel.
- Functional Health Assessment: If applicable, the functional health assessment evaluates your physical and functional capacity against the physical demands necessary to safely perform the job for which you have applied.
- Background Screening: If applicable,Background checks verify the information you have provided in your application, and where applicable, also check for relevant criminal history. Checks may also include, for example, a confirmation of your employment history, qualifications/tickets and working with children clearance.
Location: This position is based in Mullumbimby, however Council can require you to work from other work sites within the Byron Shire as required for operational reasons.
Contact: James Flockton 66267158
Closing date: Monday 18 May, 2020 9am (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
To apply for this position Council requires you to answer some role-specific screening questions online. Refer to the link below.
Failure to complete the mandatory questions will deem your application incomplete.