Advertiser: Fuse RecruitmentMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 May 2020
- Brisbane, Southern Suburbs & Logan
- $75k - $90k p.a.
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Our client is an Australian company that have been in operation for more than 30 years specialising in automotive accessories. They design and manufacture a range of products for towing, performance, 4X4, exhaust and emissions. Their team is professional, experienced and they are looking for people with a strong work ethic, solid experience, and the right attitude to get the job done.
- Permanent full-time position!
- Opportunity to work with a growing organisation
- Immediate start
- Excellent culture
- Supportive management team
- Competitive salary
An urgent requirement currently exists for a Mechanical Design Engineer to play an integral role in challenging projects. This role will be required to provide detailed technical drawings to assist with new product development and manufacturing. Responsibilities include:
- Design and develop new and existing products, from Product Brief through to Sale
- Produce BOMs, fitting instructions and necessary documental for product release
- Coordinate assembly of manufacturing jigs
- Performing, Document Testing and Quality Assurance
- Assistance with sample manufacture
- Develop engineering and production process
- Assist factory with engineering support
- Work with international suppliers
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Mechanical or Structural Engineering, or similar
- Experience with Solidworks (or equivalent CAD software) modelling parts, building assemblies, and producing high level technical drawings
- Hands on self-starter that is not scared to get their hands dirty - assembly and disassembly of vehicle components and scanning of Chassis is part of the role.
- Ability to work safety and productively in a workshop with a range of tools and equipment
- Understanding of vehicle components and ability to work on them
- Ability to work autonomously, efficiently, and productively
- Basic knowledge of production processes and manufacturing environments
- Good communication and writing skills
- Desire to work, learn and develop with the business
- FEA skills highly regarded
- Experience with ATREC LEO - 3D Scanning preferable
How to Apply
If you are the type of person who thrives in a dynamic and challenging role then this may be the role for you! Simply hit “Apply Now!” or call Sam Standfast on (07) 3343 6777 for more information.