HeartKids NSW/ACT State Manager
Advertiser: HeartKidsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 May 2020
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- $110,000 - $120,000
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Fundraising
About the business
HeartKids Ltd is the only national not-for-profit organisation dedicated to providing much needed support for our families around Australia.
HeartKids supports those impacted by congenital or acquired heart disease (CHD), one of the leading causes of infant death in Australia. With 8 babies born every day with CHD our support is for life as there is no known cure.
We are there to make an impact on the lives of all Australians with congenital or acquired heart disease and their families and give them the best chance of reaching their personal goals, whatever those goals may be.
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic, self-starter who is interested in this NSW/ACT Management role; managing our NSW/ACT office and our small and very dedicated team.
- Strong management experience in applying organisational vision and strategy into operational goals, ensuring the delivery of key priorities and creating a shared sense of purpose amongst staff.
- Achieve revenue targets as agreed in the operational plan and KPIs, including diversifying funding streams
- Ensure the HeartKids NSW/ACT State Office runs within yearly budget expenses and achieves surplus requirements
- Identify and develop key relationships with potential corporate partners and work closely with the National Events and Corporate Relationship Manager to develop these relationships
- Coach and mentor your team to achieve the operational and strategic outcomes of HeartKids in line with organisational culture, values and guiding principles
- Develop strong and effective community engagement through the management of committees, partnerships and collaborations, and where appropriate community networks
- Build and manage stakeholder relationships in order to enhance HeartKids programs and reputation
- Develop strong and effective Government connections and networks
- Raise the profile of HeartKids whilst maintaining high levels of brand and service recognition
- Ensure the effective use of financial resources through monitoring and reporting of financial performance against targets
- Build effective communication with both internal and external stakeholders through a variety of channels (eg: written and verbal communication and community presentations)
- Manage the local volunteer strategy and engagement within the volunteer program
- Manage the performance review process and ensure a clear alignment of staff plans through to the organisational plan
- Work collaboratively with HeartKids staff and stakeholders in the development of programs and supporting services to the benefit of CHD families
- Assist in developing and implementing HeartKids awareness activities in State; ensure alignment with and contribution to national efforts
- Be a strong advocate for children and their families on the CHD journey
- Maintain open, honest and positive communication channels with staff and other stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with all relevant organisation policies, funding body requirements, risk management, legislative and regulatory requirements
- Work to ensure best practice Human Resources procedures are followed with and by your team
- Manage and continue development of the policies procedures and any quality assurance program
- Provide a safe workplace through adherence to regulatory standards
Benefits and perks
Based in NSW office, to be based in Parramatta, close to public transport, working closely with the CEO and the other senior management team at HeartKids. Ability to salary sacrifice. Flexible work environment.
Skills and experience
- A collaborative approach to Leadership
- Ability to inspire, lead and mentor HeartKids staff
- Strong community/business/political engagement skills and experience
- Demonstrate behaviours that uphold HeartKids culture and values
- Demonstrated success in grant writing
- Exceptional fundraising experience with proven results
- Excellent planning, organisation and time management skills
- Exceptional levels of communication both written and verbal along with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to implement strategy and drive positive change
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- A positive, professional and inclusive attitude
- Effective problem solving and decision-making skills
- Awareness of Childhood Heart Disease, its issues and challenges
- Qualifications in philanthropy, fundraising or business and or a minimum of ten years' experience with a proven track record of management success
- Broader fundraising initiatives and marketing and communications within the not-for-profit and/or charities sector, and must have a proven track record of achieving and growing revenue targets
- Experience in a senior management role with proven success in the areas of business development, fundraising and charity environment
- Extensive experience in working with and through the corporate sector
- Experience in community engagement and volunteer support
- Competency in Office 365
- High-level interpersonal skills
- High analytical skills, able to evaluate fundraising opportunities
- A bachelor degree will be highly regarded
Must have an open driver's licence, Working with Children Clearance, Police Clearance and have or be able to attend Child Safe Environments Training (provided by HeartKids).
Applications and cover letters need to be in by 3 pm Friday 5th June.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?
- What's your highest level of education?