Advertiser: Cooinda aged care2.9091 out of 52.9 overall rating (11 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 May 2020
- Hervey Bay & Fraser Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Consulting & Generalist HR
Cooinda Aged Care Centre, established in 1965, is a non-profit organisation, belonging to the Gympie Community and administered by a committee of community minded business people and retired professionals. Providing a range of residential care rooms, state of the art facilities, respite, health and wellbeing related programs and professional friendly staff, Cooinda Aged Care Centre offers all the comforts of home in a safe and secure setting.
To enrich life for our residents through high quality care as a partnership between staff, the Management Committee, resident’s family and friends and the community.
To maintain and continuously improve an environment that:
- Is safe, friendly, attractive, vibrant and interactive
- Respects the rights, privacy, dignity and beliefs of all concerned
- Provides qualified, professional and caring staff
- Continuously grows and changes to meet the needs of all concerned.
- We value the rights and beliefs of our residents, staff and all involved parties at all times.
- We strive for excellence through ongoing accountability and improvement within all aspects of service and its providers.
- We nurture open and honest communication that respects trust and dignity.
- Our staff will be trained, supported and motivated to achieve excellence in all they do.
The role will be assisting the management team to coordinate the HR function within the business and will be responsible for the following duties:
- End-to-end recruitment and new employee onboarding - this includes on-site recruitment as well as engagement with external recruitment agencies as applicable.
- Coordinate and lead the Industrial Relations function of the business. Support executive to manage industrial relations matters including supporting enterprise bargaining – both in respect of individual agreements as well at a strategic, organisational level. Provide employee relations and industrial relations advice to both employees and management.
- Manage employment litigation matters (unfair dismissal, general protections and discrimination), including managing external solicitors where matters proceed beyond conciliation.
- Provide advice and coaching and oversight to leaders across the business on performance management, grievances, disciplinary matters, restructures and terminations, as well as on complex decision-making regarding industrial instruments.
- Independently work with, and influence, leaders across all levels of the business, as well as externally with trade unions, external counsel and external employer bodies.
- Organisation and Management of WorkCover program in conjunction with onsite Allied Health employees.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Significant experience in a similar role in Australia, working as a HR Specialist, Coordinator, or Advisor.
- A degree or certificate in HR management and/or Industrial Relations is required.
- Excellent skills and ability to build relationships and effectively influencing a diverse range of stakeholders to deliver business outcomes whilst maintaining key relationships.
- Fluent English communication and excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- An ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver in line with expectation.
- A passion to work in the not for profit sector, and willing to learn and grow with the team.
- Current Police Certificate.
- Current Flu Vaccination.
Hours and rate of pay are negotiable and commensurate with experience.
If this is you, please submit your application today. We are shortlisting candidates and will get in touch very soon!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?