People & Performance Business Partner
Advertiser: SMCTMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 May 2020
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Consulting & Generalist HR
We are a fast-paced, purposed organisation making a difference in the lives of the Victorian community. With over 300 employees across nine iconic sites in Victoria’s south-east, we are a proud industry leader that is setting new sector benchmarks. Our vibrant employee culture and outstanding customer satisfaction ratings are a proud reflection of our people-focused approach and our commitment to excellence.
In this role, you will be responsible for partnering with the business to provide strategic and operational advice and support, as part of a supportive, credible and positive People and Capability (P&C) team. You will be a seasoned HR generalist with 5+ years of experience, ideally in a commercial, values driven environment.
- Provide advice and support on a wide range of functions, including; performance management; remuneration and benefits; employee relations; industrial relations; and, recruitment and workforce planning
- Provide professional service and effective partnership to business leaders
- Think outside the square in providing recommendations and solutions to business problems as they relate to HR
- Add value as an astute business partner, providing business leaders with insights and recommendations on how they can realize and achieve their people plans
- Focus on continuous improvement and best practice
- Report on progress against success measures and service level agreements
Key selection criteria:
- Strong knowledge in the foundations of HR (including a working knowledge of the FWA, industrial agreements and other terms and conditions of employment)
- Experience in performance management activities
- Experience in WorkCover and injury management (or a willingness to be trained)
- Experience in resolving a wide range of employee relations issues
- Experience supporting and coaching business leaders to build high-performing individuals and teams
- Seasoned and professional communicator (verbal and written), able to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels and backgrounds
- A minimum of 5 years in a similar business partnering role
- Engaging, collaborative and astute professional who focuses on building strong partnerships with business leaders
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office
- Strong planning, organizing and prioritization skills
- Customer focused
The successful candidate will be highly effective in their role and a strong contributor to a positive and supportive workplace culture.
All applicants will need to agree to submit to a mandatory National Police Check and be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident to be considered.
Working for us
We recognise that our people are our greatest asset and make it our priority to attract and retain top talent by offering excellent working conditions, competitive benefits, and development opportunities. In 2020, we received an outstanding employee engagement score of 90%, with organisational commitment and pride being the leading theme of employee sentiment – this is way above industry benchmarks!
As a valued member of our organisation, you will have access to the following:
- Flexible, supportive and people-focused culture
- State-of-the-art work environment set among magnificent, natural surrounds
- Free on-site parking
- Discounts at our employee café
- Employee Assistance Program and events
- Employee Health & Wellbeing Programs
- Leadership and development programs
- Employee events
This is a career defining opportunity to work for a progressive, innovative and fast-paced industry leader committed to creating positive impact in the Victorian community.
If you believe this is a role for you, please apply now ensuring you include your current resume.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- What are you looking for in a role and organization?
- In 1 word, how would your family, friends and/or colleagues describe you, and why?