Advertiser: The WavesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 May 2020
- Bundaberg & Wide Bay Burnett
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Assistants/Coordinators
About the Business:
The Waves Group includes The Waves Sports Club and The Waves Club Caloundra, both of which are market leading, not-for-profit social and sports clubs with a diverse range of products and services, including food, beverage, functions, catering, gaming, entertainment, sport, and is heavily involved in an array of community-based events. The Waves employs over 100 staff, has over 75,000 members, and is affiliated with 16 sporting and social sub-clubs.
The successful candidate will perform a wide variety of both guided and autonomous marketing, events, promotional, creative, and communicative duties and tasks across all areas of the business. This person will be able to swing from the creative to the analytical at a moment’s notice, and will thrive in a high-pressure environment with overlapping deadlines whilst enjoying the freedom to be professionally creative and imaginative while executing their own ideas in line with budget and business needs. The Marketing Assistant role includes, but is not limited to, department assistant duties, errands, events coordination, entertainment and events duties, creation of a broad range of new and existing promotions, internal spruiking, digital marketing, social media marketing, design and magazine coordination.
- Administrative tasks and duties, assisting the Group Marketing Manager.
- Free and ticketed entertainment coordination.
- Public speaking (spruiking).
- Proactive creation of new promotions across all areas of the business and execution of those promotions.
- Graphic Design
- Maintaining existing promotions, events, and entertainment.
- Database entry and coordination.
- Social media coordination.
- Updating digital assets.
- Competitor research.
Requirements: Skills, Education & Experience:
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- A likeable, engaging personality.
- Strong computing and mobile app skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, all social media, with the ability to efficiently utilise the internet quickly to satisfy research and ideas.
- A strong ability to retain new knowledge on internal systems and software.
- Strong organisation ability, able to multi-task and prioritise overlapping deadlines.
- Public speaking (spruiking).
Non-required, Highly Advantageous Skills:
- Student or graduation of marketing or similar degree.
- Events management experience.
- Graphic design experience using Adobe Photoshop (Windows O/S).
- Data analysis experience.
This role is a full time, 38 hour p/week position which requires some non-negotiable evening, weekend, and public holiday rostered hours. It is a superb opportunity for professional growth with opportunity for career progression, as well as exposure to the full spectrum of advertising, events, promotions, marketing, digital marketing, finance, and graphic design professional areas. The successful candidate will enjoy the ability to think, create, and work with autonomy, and will be remunerated according to skills and experience with the possibility of travel and additional training perks, assuming success within the role.
To apply please submit your cover letter and resume to Josh Hogarth, Marketing Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm, Friday, June 5, 2020.