Program Benefits Analyst
Advertiser: Australian Federal Police3.3438 out of 53.3 overall rating (32 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 May 2020
- $104,924 - $113,500 per annum, plus 15.4% super
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Management & Change Consulting
Applications are invited from suitably qualified people who are interested in an appointment to the AFP.
The mission of the AFP is to provide dynamic and effective law enforcement to the people of Australia. It provides policing throughout Australia in relation to the prevention and detection of crimes against the Commonwealth, its laws and integrity, and community police services to the Community of the ACT.
This role forms part of the Benefits Management Service within the Integrated Portfolio Office (IPO), sitting in the Operational Technology and Innovation (OT&I) portfolio. The IPO enables the AFP to align its investment in change with its target capabilities and the strategic direction of the AFP. It supports the effective delivery of change programs and projects to ensure the delivery of measureable results and the realisation of planned benefits.
The position is responsible for assisting the business to maximise the improvements that will be delivered from AFP Programs. You will assist the Program Manager with defining, agreeing, monitoring, tracking and reporting the benefits with the business. Close monitoring of the program at regular stages aims to ensure that the expected benefits are being delivered. In this role you will work closely with Program/Project Managers, Project Officers and Change Managers.
Your duties will include:
- Identify specific measures and mechanisms by which benefits can be measured and plan to activate these mechanisms at the required time.
- Monitor benefits against what was predicted in the business case and ensure that all participants are informed and involved throughout the change program and be fully prepared to exploit the new operational business environment once it is in place.
- Support operational managers to ensure that all plans, work packages and deliverables are aligned to the expected benefits and leads activities required in the realisation of the benefits of each part of the change programme.
- Provide advice and guidance to support adoption of methods and tools and adherence to policies and standards.
- Tailor processes in line with agreed standards and evaluation of methods and tools.
- Reviews and improves usage and application of methods and tools.
- Providing support to programs to plan, manage, track, report and evaluate benefits throughout the program or initiative lifecycle;
- Analysing costs and benefits associated with initiatives, changes to planned costs and benefits over initiative lifecycles, and when benefits are scheduled to be delivered;
- Capturing benefits from AFP programs and supporting the delivery of business objectives and supporting strategic decisions;
- Following enterprise-wide processes to ensure the strategic application of change is embedded in the management of the organisation, ensuring transparency and deep understanding of investment decisions;
- Ensuring compliance between business strategies and enterprise transformation activities, setting strategies, policies, standards and practices;
- Working effectively in a small team environment;
- Providing knowledge/skills transfer to other team members;
- Recording and maintaining files/information in accordance with AFP requirements; and
- Contribute to the achievement of outcomes in accordance with the regulatory framework, the AFP Code of Conduct and the AFP Governance Instruments.
Essential requirements, skills or experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Benefits Management or significant experience undertaking benefits management in a portfolio, program and project delivery or office role
- Strong stakeholder engagement and communication skills with the ability to manage and build sustainable relationships and liaise with diverse and complex stakeholder groups
- A Negative Vetting 1 (Secret) security clearance or the ability to obtain one.
- To be eligible you must be an Australian Citizen.
- This position requires the successful candidate to obtain a Negative Vetting 1/Negative Vetting 2 Security Clearance.
- Add eligibility requirements/qualifications
- This position is located in Canberra, ACT. Successful applicants must be willing to relocate to Canberra.
What do we offer?
We provide our people with many benefits appropriate to the level of the position including, but not limited to:
- An attractive remuneration package as per our Enterprise Agreement
- Four mandatory rest days per year
- Six weeks annual leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Flex time
- 15.4% Superannuation
- External and internal training opportunities
The AFP offers an attractive remuneration package, including salary, superannuation benefits and flexible working conditions appropriate to the level of the position. For further details, refer to the Enterprise Agreement at https://www.afp.gov.au/careers/benefits-conditions/afp-enterprise-agreement-2017-2020[BC1]
How to apply:
- To apply visit the AFP’s Career Page at: https://www.afp.gov.au/careers/vacancies
- Refer to the ‘Required Application Documents’ section on the job ad on the AFP Careers Page
- If you have a disability/medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirements/reasonable adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact AFPRecruitment@afp.gov.au
Applications close: 11.59pm (AEST) on Thursday 4th June 2020.
As an inclusive organisation, the AFP provides opportunity for all Australians to fairly gain employment in the AFP. We appreciate that everyone is unique and acknowledge that diversity in thought leads to greater transparency and improved consideration in our decision making.