Advertiser: Community GroMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 May 2020
- Northern QLD
- $30 - $39.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
About us: Community Gro Inc is a community-based not-for-profit overseen by a Board of Governance. Community Gro Inc is committed to providing support services that minimise the risk of individual isolation and family breakdown due to social or economic pressures.
We are a small supportive team with big ambitions to positively impact and empower the community to improve quality of life for all.
The Youth Worker is a highly motivated, emotionally intelligent, creative and flexible team player who wants to positively influence young people in a supportive environment.
Delivering a Youth Drop-in program 5 nights a week from 4pm to 10pm, Thursday thru Monday.
- Form and maintain professional, nurturing relationships with young people by building trust through visible interest and active engagement.
Act as an appropriate adult role model, seeking to engage young people in purposeful activities aimed at developing life skills and self-worth.
Working with young people in a community development setting
Use initiative, creativity and practical life skills to organise positive group programs and other activities for young people
Be able to develop, maintain and build positive relationships with key stakeholders
Have proficient organisational skills and the ability to multi-task with attention to detail, accuracy and deadlines.
Qualifications in a relevant field e.g. youth work, social work, community development, adult and community education.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
A working with children check will apply to the successful candidate.
Driver Licence favourable.
How to apply for this position
Request an application by contacting Susan Perry via firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm on 15 June, 2020.
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you completed a qualification in community services?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Do you have experience in a community outreach environment?