Advertiser: Unique Directions Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 May 2020
- Mackay & Coalfields
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Management - Internal
About the business
Unique Directions is a locally owned NDIS provider and we are looking for our next STAR employee! Unique Directions specialise in providing Supported Independent Living and supports in the Community and have a Group Centre for people with a disability. We are passionate about people and are looking for the right person to join our team.
At Unique Directions we are passionate about assisting our Clients have the life they want. At Unique Directions we have adapted the Self Organised Teams approach and believe in supporting our team members to work together. Part of the HR Managers role includes being supportive to the team members in working together to achieve the best outcomes for the people we support.
About the role
The person we are looking for will be proactive and efficient in working in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to be adaptable to suit all support needs.
Aspects of the HR Manager role includes:
- Be adaptive in your approach. We provide person centred supports and need to be flexible in our thinking to be able to accommodate for all Client's needs
- First point of contact for all HR related queries
- Attend Self Organised Team meetings and ensure employee STAR values are adhered to
- Manage existing HR Policies and Procedures ensuring compliance is within the NDIS requirements
- Advise the Director and Operations Manager to support business decisions on HR matters. To be focused on continuous improvement for the Company and ensure compliance is always maintained
- Assist with audit requirements to ensure compliance with the NDIS Quality and Safeguard Commission
- Award interpretation to the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award. Ensure all wages, entitlements and allowances are paid correctly.
- Facilitate the recruitment process including job descriptions, contracts, and new employee on boarding
- Facilitate HR projects including organising new teams around new support needs and supported independent living homes
- Evaluate needs and provide supports and training when applicable
- Conduct Professional Development Opportunity reviews, performance improvement meetings and disciplinary actions
Skills and experience
Unique Directions are looking for the following qualities and credentials:
- STAR Employee values (Support, Team, Attitude, Respect- see website)
- Pragmatic, resourceful and creative at problem solving
- Fun loving with enthusiasm
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar position
- Minimum Certificate IV in Human Resources
- Blue card & Yellow card (must be able to obtain)
- Drivers Licence
- Comprehensive car insurance
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Friday 12th June 2020. If you wish to discuss this opportunity prior to applying please call Kayleigh 4942 7727 or email email@example.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a human resources manager?