Advertiser: Memjet North Ryde Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 May 2020
- Sydney, Ryde & Macquarie Park
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Memjet develops print engines and printing technology for commercial, wide format, labels and desktop printing markets. We are seeking an experienced and analytical Mechatronics Engineer to undertake engineering R&D of small and big scale mechatronic prototype rigs, design of production machine equipment and development and modification of production machines. This hands-on role also includes fit-out of electrical and pneumatic circuits.
The successful candidate will have at least three years relevant experience, be able to work in a self-directed manner, have a pro-active approach to work and enjoy the challenge of solving problems in an R&D environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement prototype scientific rigs and instruments.
- Implement production machine equipment as per design.
- Develop and modify production machine tools including L3 support.
- Respond to customer enquiries in accordance with the mechatronic design group process.
- Author and issue system level engineering documentation including Requirement, Design, Test, Development Plan and Quotations.
- Mentor junior mechatronics engineers.
Experience & Skills:
- Experience and practical abilities in the mixed disciplines of control, computing, electronics, electrical and mechanical engineering;
- Experience with programming, integration and test of PLC (Beckhoff, Mitsubishi) controllers and associated hardware;
- Experience with design and implementation of machine safety equipment;
- Experience with closed loop control and practical ability to use motion control hardware;
- Capable of producing and deploying structured computer code that is robust, efficient, stable, flexible and fully documented;
- Three years programming experience in one or more of the following: C/C++, Python, Labview, VB, PLC (Structured Text);
- Ability to plan and execute a program of work with a high degree of autonomy;
- Good interpersonal skills to work with customers to clarify requirements and report progress to team members and management.
- Instrumentation design experience in analogue and digital sub-systems;
- Practical constructional experience and use of machine/hand tools;
- Mechanical design experience with Solidworks CAD as a preference.
- Major in mechatronics engineering preferred, alternatively software or electronics.
- Employment history in industrial control and/or scientific instrumentation development.
- Experience in printer technology.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH FULL, UNRESTRICTED AND ONGOING RIGHTS TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.