Advertiser: Aborignal Torres Strait Islander Womens Legal Service NQMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 May 2020
- Northern QLD
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Generalists - Law Firm
Employer: Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Women’s Legal Services NQ Inc
Work type: Full time (38 hours per week) until 30 June 2021 with strong possibility of extension.
Classification: Level 6.1 – 6.3 Fair Work (Transitional Provision and Consequential Amendments) Amendment Regulation 2012
Salary Sacrificing arrangements available.
About the organisation: The Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Women’s Legal Services NQ Inc. is a community legal service providing access to justice and the law for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Women in North Queensland.
We require a solicitor to provide Legal Advice, Court Representation and Community Legal Education (CLE) to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women in the Townsville and NQ outreach areas. The position may involve some travel to identified towns or communities for outreach service and CLE Workshops as required.
The successful applicant must be admitted to practice as a solicitor in Queensland and have at least 2 years Post Admission Experience. Experience in Family Law, Child Protection and Domestic Violence will be highly regarded. Experience working with Aboriginal & Torres Islander communities would be an advantage.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women with the relevant qualifications are strongly encouraged to apply.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Bachelor of Laws with at least 2 years PAE
- Eligible to hold a Practising Certificate in Queensland.
Knowledge, Skills & Expertise
- Admission as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland and the High Court of Australia
- Capacity to provide quality legal advice and casework
- Experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women preferred
- Experience providing legal advice to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women preferred
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, including the capacity to deal with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women in a culturally appropriate manner
- Ability to design and conduct Community Legal Education Programs for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women as required
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team and to work independently with a minimum of supervision
- Demonstrated ability in the use of current computer technology
- Hold a current, unrestricted Queensland Driver’s Licence
- Hold a current Blue Card or be eligible to obtain same
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY THROUGH SEEK WEBSITE. REFER TO 'HOW TO APPLY'
How to apply
Applications close: Friday 5th June 2020
Enquires to Principal Solicitor, Cathy Pereira 07 4721 6007