HR Business Partner
Advertiser: Lifeline Direct LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 May 2020
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Consulting & Generalist HR
Permanent Full Time – 38 hours per week
- Do you want to work with one of Australia’s most trusted organisations?
- Are you passionate about community?
- Would you like to make a real difference in your work?
Lifeline Direct (LLD) is the service delivery arm of Lifeline Australia, operating in six geographical regions around Australia including Hunter, New England and Central Coast, Northern NSW, Geelong and South West Victoria. We deliver a suite of services that have a measurable impact on reducing suicide in our communities including the national 13 11 14 Crisis Support Line. LLD also operates 28 retail stores across our six geographical regions, which generate sales that contribute significantly to LLD’s overall funding and service delivery.
About the position
Located at our Newcastle office, you will work with the HR team in ensuring organisational needs are met, developing capacity and enhancing performance. You will build effective working relationships and partner with the retail, commercial and administrative areas of the business across our 6 geographical sites on all human resource related activities and issues for employees and volunteers.
This is a new hands on role that has been created due to growth, that you will be able to contribute your skills and experience, to increase and enhance efficiency and activities within the function and support the key areas you will be partnering with.
You will be joining a team that is highly collaborative, inclusive, progressive and above all passionate about the services we provide to the community.
You are a hands on “people” person who holds a tertiary qualification in human resource management, industrial relations (or related field) and have a strong level of generalist HR experience across all areas of the employee lifecycle.
You enjoy working in a team where continuous improvement and progression is front of mind and are not afraid to think outside the box to achieve organisational objectives.
What the position requires
- Tertiary qualification in human resource management, industrial relations or related field and/or relevant equivalent experience.
- Strong level of generalist HR experience across all areas of the employee lifecycle, coupled with the ability to work in a customer oriented environment.
- Substantial knowledge of contemporary employment legislation and HR practices.
- Proven ability to exercise initiative and sound judgement and manage risks.
- Strong relationship building, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong ability to form effective working relationships and relate to people at all levels of the organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to critically analyse employee relations issues and develop appropriate HR or IR related solutions.
- Strongly developed empathetic approach to people, balanced with a practical approach to achieving timely outcomes.
- Sound IT expertise in relevant software applications and MS Office suite.
- Ability to maintain accurate statistical and evaluative data and present reports in a timely manner.
- Ability to display tact, discretion and integrity in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Current Australian ‘C’ Class Driver’s Licence.
In return we will offer
- Salary packaging benefits
- Friendly and flexible work environment
- Knowledge that you will be part of a team helping to make a difference to your community.
Sound interesting……..we would love to hear from you!
How to apply
Please forward a covering letter addressing what the position requires, along with your resume to LDrecruitment@lifeline.org.au stating the position you would like to apply for in the subject line: e.g. Application – LLD HR Business Partner
The successful candidate may be required to satisfactorily undergo a pre-employment Medical Assessment (where applicable) and agree to a National Criminal History Record Check.
Applications close: 5pm Thursday 4th June 2020.