Advertiser: Gold Fields Australia3.3974 out of 53.4 overall rating (78 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 May 2020
- Kalgoorlie, Goldfields & Esperance
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Mining - Exploration & Geoscience
Gold Fields Australia is currently seeking an Assistant: Geology to join their Mineral Resources department at St Ives Gold Mine.
Reporting to the Supervisor: Geological Services, you will be responsible for assisting the field services team to facilitate the ongoing field activities.
This role is offered on Fixed Term Contract on 8 days on 6 days off roster and would require the incumbent to be residential in Kalgoorlie or Kambalda. This role is offered on a 6-month fixed term contract.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Always acting in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of GFA and ensures that the Vital Behaviours are adhered to at all times.
- Work autonomously in the field to peg out and pick up collar locations
- Complete all tasks associated with RC Percussion and Air core sample collection and management in line with St Ives QA/QC protocols
- Complete all tasks associated with diamond drilling core processing work flow, including quality control of core, correction of errors in core presentation and core block spacing and meter marking of core
Key factors to your success include:
- Completion of Year 12 secondary school education
- Current manual C Class driver’s license
- Previous experience in a field services-based role
- Experience with DGPS units and/or pegging programs is highly desirable
- Forklift Ticket and/or Truck Driving qualifications are desirable
Interested parties should submit a detailed curriculum vitae to: https://careers.goldfields.com.au
Gold Fields is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment. We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.