Service Desk Engineer
Advertiser: fourninesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 May 2020
- Sydney, North West & Hills District
- $65,000 - $69,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
About the business
fournines is a channel services provider assisting the IT channel in delivering IT project and managed services that enable our partners to deliver complete IT solutions to their customer.
About the role
This role consists of providing a mixture of support, preventative support and acting on continuous improvement plans. You will be working with various technologies such as Windows Desktop/Server environments, Office 365, Citrix XenApp, VMWare, Hyper-V and more. This is a fast-pace environment driving performance and reliability from software, infrastructure and cloud environments.
- Log, update, close all service desk-based calls within the fournines based call management system
- Create daily, weekly or monthly reports from support platforms
- Maintain and monitor all outsourced managed services clients' network, security and computer systems to meet the outsourced managed services agreements.
- Responsible for management and maintenance of desktop, storage, virtualised environments, servers, network devices and productivity tools
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
- Work within strict time frames and elevate incidents within defined SLA timeframes
- Test all changes to networks, hardware, software, and hosted applications
- Maintain good working relationships with customers and partners to ensure that services received meet or exceed expected requirements
- Provide afterhours support to the IT Managed Services clients via a rotating roster
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends
- Vendor support escalation support management
Skills and experience
Essential Skills required:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a systems administration or a Level 2 service desk role
- Experience with call management systems, workstation management systems and desktop imaging.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory including Office 365
- Good knowledge of IT security and how it relates to desktop and server systems
- Experience using automated monitoring tools
- Ability to identify incident trends to cease reoccurring incidents
- Able to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Ability to work in a team environment and autonomously
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of ITIL and industry best practices
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experienced in applying Windows updates, including patching Microsoft based server and desktop systems.
- Knowledge of Group Policy concepts and implementation experience
- Networking Client/Server interconnectivity concepts ie, LAN, VLAN, WLAN,SDWAN
Highly desired certifications:
- Certificate IV in Information Technology
- Advanced Diploma of Information Technology
- AZ-100 Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and Deployment
- AWS Technical Essentials or AWS Cloud Practioner Essentials
- 10997 – Office 365 Administration and Troubleshooting
- CompTIA A+
No Recruiters Please
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in the IT industry?
- What's your expected annual base salary?