Advertiser: Yilli Rreung Housing Aboriginal CorporationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 May 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Housing & Homelessness Services
Yilli Rreung Housing Aboriginal Corporation (Yilli Housing) is a leading provider of affordable and community housing, based in Darwin in the Northern Territory.
We are an independent, Indigenous based organisation, delivering professional housing management, maintenance and construction services to the Top End community. We manage the tenancies and municipal services of Indigenous communities and provide affordable housing to individuals and families who are disadvantaged in the mainstream housing market.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Property Officer at Yilli Housing you will be part of a small team managing a portfolio of tenancies across the Northern Territory. This can be a fast paced role and we are looking for someone who is level headed and compassionate but not afraid to have the difficult conversations when need be.
A day in the life of a Property Officer:
- Meeting prospective tenants and processing applications for housing
- Managing the wait list
- Overseeing rent collections and arrears
- Regular property inspections
- Drafting professional correspondence, accurate record keeping and reporting
- Liaising with stakeholders and service providers
- Coordinating and hosting community meetings
Our ideal candidate will have experience working with Aboriginal people, including knowledge and awareness of Indigenous issues and the ability to negotiate in accordance with cultural protocols.
You will be a proven multi-tasker with strong communication, presentation and conflict resolution skills. Knowledge of Indigenous Community Housing Management, the NT Residential Tenancy Act and/or experience working in a housing services organisation would be highly regarded.
This role requires someone with computer literacy who can meet deadlines while working with minimal supervision.
The successful candidate must also maintain a current drivers licence and have or be willing to obtain a police clearance and Ochre card.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?
- Attractive remuneration for the right candidate
- 5 weeks of annual leave per year
- Salary packaging benefits
- Move with us to our brand new office located in Yarrawonga
HOW TO APPLY
For full selection criteria please visit www.bit.do/poSC
Hit Apply now and attach your Resume and Selection Criteria through Seek or alternatively email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the position title in the subject line
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged.
Previous applicants need not apply
Questions? Please contact Kimberley on 08 8935 0110
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?