Finance ManagerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 21 May 2020
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Managers & Controllers
Are you a versatile Finance Manager looking for stable opportunity in a diverse family business?
Here's a genuinely unique opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager to play a critical role in a family business. You are an all-round finance manager that can manage finance strategy and planning but also get your hands dirty with all the financial compliance work. You will be managing business revenue of $8 -10 million per annum and a property portfolio.
You will be working with a family business that has been in business for over 20 years. You'll be joining a supportive, friendly team that are dedicated to delivering industry-best training that makes a difference in people’s lives. The office is based at Yatala, so would be best for someone lives the south side Brisbane, Logan or on the Gold Coast.
YOUR SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
To be a perfect fit for this role you will have:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant with CA membership or equivalent;
- Experience in managing multiple entities including family groups;
- Demonstrated strong understanding of finance systems and processes;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and finance software preferably Xero;
- Proven ability to deliver work in a timely fashion and meet set timelines;
- Demonstration of well-developed communication;
- Good attention to detail and proven strong data analysis skills;
- Ability to build good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders; and
- Exposure to payments from government departments would be advantageous.
As the Finance Manager your responsibilities include:
- Manage and lead a small team including oversight of accounts payable, receivable and payroll;
- Manage the multiple entities including the family group and properties including tenant arrangements and payments;
- Preparation of monthly accounting journals, accruals and reconciliations;
- Manage the general ledger including overseeing the monthly balance sheet accounts, banking and inter-company reconciliations;
- Prepare and circulate monthly balance sheets, revenue reports, profit and loss statements, cash flows and financial variance analysis;
- Prepare financial re-forecasts and business analysis reports;
- Conduct in-time business performance analysis;
- Manage the year-end close process and adhering to deadlines including liaising with external accountants;
- Maintenance of asset register and depreciation calculations;
- Preparation for BAS, IAS, FBT and payroll tax;
- Cash flow management;
- Management reporting and analysis; and
- Supporting and working closely with the management team.
Please submit your application by sending us your resume and cover letter. Note a cover letter is the thing that helps us understand why you want the role so highly recommended you include one.
- How many years' experience do you have as a finance manager?
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?
- What's your expected annual base salary?